hammer007 Legacy Donating Member 149 Member For: 23y 7m Location: Canberra Posted 11/01/04 07:55 PM Posted 11/01/04 07:55 PM I'm after some feedback from forum members who have used companies using PDR to remove creases/dings/dints/dents etc ?Did it work ? Were you happy with the results ?I've got a minor crease in rear passenger door which I've had quoted to repair @$70. Pretty minor but big enough to annoy me sufficiently that I don't want to see it for another 3 years.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 11/01/04 10:19 PM Posted 11/01/04 10:19 PM I have had dents removed from both my AU and my BA from people opening their doors into my car. Everytime that I have used this method of removing dents I've almost kissed the guy when I saw the job he'd done. It's definately something you should consider because I can't pick were it was dented no matter how hard I look.
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 11/01/04 10:36 PM Posted 11/01/04 10:36 PM Are these kind of guys any good at removing or fixing where a bit of paint has come away or been bashed into the car? Nothing has happened like that to the BA yet, but my XF, which I had resprayed suffered the hits of careless idiots in carparks and had mainly some white dings in the doors. It wasn't really dented, more marked.Who gave you the $70 quote?
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 11/01/04 10:41 PM Posted 11/01/04 10:41 PM I have had dents removed from both my AU and my BA from people opening their doors into my car. Everytime that I have used this method of removing dents I've almost kissed the guy when I saw the job he'd done. It's definately something you should consider because I can't pick were it was dented no matter how hard I look. Its good to hear they do a good job and aren't just a gimmick. Any ideas on how they actually do it?
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/01/04 11:27 PM Posted 11/01/04 11:27 PM I've used PDR, and it is recommended.The proviso is that the crease is accessable from the inside, otherwise the crease won't be able to be ironed out e.g it may not be accessible because of an intrusion bar, or lack of space. Generally it can be fixed within 10 to 30 minutes.They work out the crease/dent from the inside with a roller type tool, and don't touch the outside.We've have wrx club days where a pdr guy has been booked, and he's been kept very busy for the whole day.Brian
hammer007 Legacy Donating Member 149 Member For: 23y 7m Location: Canberra Posted 12/01/04 12:29 AM Author Posted 12/01/04 12:29 AM Quote was from a firm in Canberra. They have a website www.dentking.com.au but as I haven't used them yet I can't reccomend them.Thanks others for feedback.
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 29d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 12/01/04 06:40 AM Posted 12/01/04 06:40 AM hammer007, Dent King have a pretty good rep based on stuff I've heard through others. $70 is a lot cheaper to 'try' than getting a door redone Also even if it doesn't come up perfect it may get below the irritation level that makes you want it fixed now A.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 14/01/04 01:51 AM Posted 14/01/04 01:51 AM :lol: Don't use these guys though...
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/01/04 02:06 AM Posted 14/01/04 02:06 AM Ive used Dent King on kirsty's laser, they did a fantastic job.Thoroughly recommend them.
Guest PaulM Guests Posted 14/01/04 03:34 AM Posted 14/01/04 03:34 AM Ive used dentking on several occasions, always the same brilliant job. About to use them again where some goose got my backdoor in a carpark.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now