Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

nothing against you rootster

the title of this thread seems like its bag mouthing the tyres.

make sure its clear they failed because they rubbed on the chassis

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

How often do you drive around on full lock?

I'm betting that's an alignment issue not from rubbing.

  • Just a large member member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

I'm just warning you guys if you have nitto tires on your car,just check them..I've had dunlop yokohamas and never had a problem..The tires gave me excellent grip.The photos of the tire wear dont do it justice.It had a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch groove on the egde of the tire..Then the rest of the tread was flat..The guys at the tire shop even said it was rubbing and the wear on the tire lined up with the marks on the inner guard..No problems with front end..I've owned the car from day one..never had a front ender.The wear didnt happen over night but over a period of time.(maybe a year)This could become a dangerous situation if you have a tire failure due to rubbing at high speeds..Just a heads up guys..In no way do I blame the nitto tire..The only explanation I can come up with is ,the tire had to be wider tire..No one really has come up with any answers to explain it..

  • Like 1
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Got them on the front in 245 width on stock rims and sagged stock suspension (345mm or so hub to guard at front), holding together fine thankfully :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

are they the right ford wheel for your car

you have not answered this yet

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

ratter, on 25 Feb 2013 - 20:29, said:

another member who has a lot of bad luck, but think really he has d*ck fingers, fu*ks anything he touches

sorry Kosij

Fixed...

Hey! I have nitto nt05's on the rear and boy no issues for me on the xr 18' rim!

  • Just a large member member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

you have not answered this yet

what part of a std ford rim dont you understand..STD XR6Turbo 18inch rims....Anyway I found out today that the nittos have a wider case.I fitted Kumho tires and its doesn't rub and dont look anywhere near as wide as the nittos..

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

many people put different stock wheels on their car, how were we to know you did not do this!

you did not answer, we were trying to help, but if you know it all...........

  • Just a large member member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

lol....I know nothing.......looks like everybody else knows about the same

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...