Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

I paid $35 for mine on ebay and it works perfect....had to hook it up to the AUX slot under the dash then link it through just under the stereo....works good....

• Member For: 15y 10m 4d

Well up untill the other day my ipod worked perfectly in the car but now it wont work. The Ipod registers the connection and even starts to play a song for a second and then nothing. The screen just stays on Aux.

The other guy at my work with a G6Et has never been able to get his to work unless he plugs it into the seperate Aux. plug in front of the shifter.

Gonna take it in to the dealer when I get a chance but thought I would see if anyone else know's what is up

• Member For: 18y 1m 8d

Same problem here. Worked flawlessly for 3500km and then it decides to pack it in.

Tried my iPod out in another brand new FG and it has no issue playing it, although that FG appeared to have some sort of update as the album songs were in track order not alphabetical order. I guess this is probably what would need to be updated.

I will know Wednesday what the problem was, I will update here, and they better not tell me its the iPod otherwise I will insert in them.

• Member For: 15y 10m 4d

thanks for that, fingers crossed on an update that puts songs in correct order. its been driving me nuts, I even started renaming all the songs with the correct number in front but that is a very slow process

• Member For: 15y 11m 1d

Dealer upgraded the software in mine about 3 weeks ago. since then ipod (classic) has not missed a beat - previously it was freezing and locking up quite a bit. - seems to be a common problem - I'd get them to give yours an upgrade.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 14d

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is going to be a software update so my 4th gen ipod will work in conjunction with the icc. My brothers 3rd gen seems to work fine,

but it just says "not supported" when I plug my 4th gen ipod nano. surely this is just a software issue?

• Member For: 15y 7m 26d

yep, have the same problem. went to ford to get my software updated still doesnt work. the guy only said that theyre trying to fix the problem seems theres a bunch of bugs with it. so I guess you should go into ford and tell them to contact you when the new software gets there. I sold my ipod and just bought another one, works a treat :nod:

edit: forgot to mention, I got a xr6t, but they use the same cable for all the xr6-g6e-fpv series I think so its probably a problem for everyone.

Edited by uniqsouljah

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 14d

sigh, great! I bought the new ipod specifically for the car,lmao. The second problem I have had, only drove the car back from the dealers to find a big pool of oil coming from underneath it.

someone from pre-delivery hadn't tightened the oil feed line to the turbo that comes out of the block properly. car had to sit in my driveway all weekend till I could take it to the service dept on the monday morning. not a good start to the relationship

• Member For: 15y 7m 26d

f*ck no way! wow that would suck so bad, id ask for compensation there pal! lol they wouldnt hear the end of it from me. but I guess aslong as they fixed the problem for you it should all be sweet. bad luck man.

and with the ipod I done the same, I had loaded up like 2000 songs and I was all happy and sh*t, get in the car "ipod not recognised" WTF! BASTARD! LOL not happy ford! get off your ass and fix the damn software