Clever Rego Plate - Numberplate.

marty69

• Member For: 20y 4m 2d

Geeeezus..... they charge blue murder for these things...

$400.00 per year plus a $50.00 up front for standart plates

$470.00 per year $50.00 up front one off.. for coloured plates

***********that is shocking***************

...but they would look soooo good???

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
Geeeezus..... they charge blue murder for these things...

$400.00 per year plus a $50.00 up front for standart plates

$470.00 per year $50.00 up front one off.. for coloured plates

***********that is shocking***************

...but they would look soooo good???

WHOA NELLIE!!!

I got my initials plus a 3 digit number in white writing on a black plastic plate and it cost me $426.00. In the ACT. that's it! None of this "annual fee" cr@p.

Mind you, personalised plates cost in the vicinity of 2k, but once you own them, that's it. No annual fees, nothing.

ACT might be initially very expensive, but after a few years they become very cheap! Number plates that is!!! :lol:

• Member For: 20y 4m 2d

tell me about it mick... I like your plates actually.... that style is only in the act is that true....

I got black and white federation plates to go on... how ever I have bad entitials...."SS"....lmfao....what can I do...

• Premium Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 8d
  • Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen!

Move to Victoria dude!!!!

One off fee about $375 (I think) for personalised plates in all sorts of colors and you own them with no annual fees, just regular rego fees.

What a rip you guys in NSW have to deal with, no wonder I don't see many when I'm there, and they're everywhere here.

Guest Scootre
  • Guests

The thing that gets me is that allof these "personalised plates" are still owned by the RTA. At least that's the case in NSW.

So The NSW RTA have the right to recall them at any time they want.

Reminds me of the guy in the early 80's who had the plate: 6ULDV8 - the RTA recalled it some months later when they realised what it said.

Of course, these days there'd probably be no big deal with such plates - I'm sure we've all seen worse.

But $400 per annum just to have your choice of the combination of letters and numbers on your plates... that's robbery.

• Member For: 20y 4m 10d

sh*t we have it lucky here in S.A ,custom plates for $260 anually in all sorts of coulors

And personlaised for one off fee $170,as long as they have minimum of one digit or one letter,with letters in front of numbers,up to maximum of six charcters in total

ie rsfj20 fantm6 gt2000 ect.ect.ect....

Blody good value me thinks!

Guest Scootre
  • Guests
Bloody Government just loves screwing motorists over, if it's not $peed Camers$ it's petrol tax, or inflated rego. Now it's rego plates. :thumbsup:

Yeah... Speed Cameras a popular... have you seen some of them now have two even three CCTV cameras to watch the speed cameras... for the folk who trash them?

LOL.

Reminds me... a girl at work yesterday asked, "are the speed cameras in the Sydney Harbour Tunnel, like, very accurate?".

I said, "I'd say so, otherwise nothing would stand up in court... why?".

She said, "S#!T... so if I was doing 130 in the tunnel, they'll get me?".

"I said, "at 50k's over the limit, I'd be reckoning on a personalised invitation to the local court house...".

Silly cow. :lol:

Edited by Scootre

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d

Driving home from work yesterday I spotted a red AU XR6 following me on William Hovell Dr, Being a bit thick when I looked at his Number Plate my first thought was "I didn't know you could get personalised plates in mirror image" :kissmy:

After he passed me I realised what a clever Plate it was.

TI.3VOM :hiwelcome:

Cheers, Bazza.

Sorry if this one has been mentioned before.