Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 14d Posted 27/01/13 11:37 AM Posted 27/01/13 11:37 AM (edited) Hi Guys,Got a FG XR6T.... while it sounds allright with the stock exhaust I'm trying to get a nice note out of it and well unfortunately these motors don't really soundthe best with aftermarket exhausts so it can be tricky.I'm wondering whether to change the Rear muffler to another one..... or to just remove the Center muffler to give it a bit of a Note.I'm not looking for a Full Bolt on Exhaust as The stock pipe seems to flow enough just looking at modifying the sound.Does anybody have High qualitiy Videos of any combos?Cheers. Edited 27/01/13 11:38 AM by Z2TT
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 27/01/13 12:04 PM Posted 27/01/13 12:04 PM There is a whole thread here somewhere dedicated to removing the centre muffler.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 14d Gender: Male Posted 27/01/13 12:09 PM Posted 27/01/13 12:09 PM (edited) Dont sound nice with aftermarket exhausts hey? First time that's ever been said on here I reckon, if anything they sound bad when people cut mufflers out lol. Nizpro 4" sound sh*t hot! Edited 27/01/13 12:11 PM by bionicxr6t05
HYPEDF6 Legacy Donating Member 301 Member For: 13y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 27/01/13 01:22 PM Posted 27/01/13 01:22 PM my nizpro 4 inch pumps out a pretty awesome note. wouldn't change it for any other set of pipes. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
CDR_078 Member 87 Member For: 14y 9m 25d Posted 29/01/13 12:42 PM Posted 29/01/13 12:42 PM Induction noise > Exhaust noise 1
HYPEDF6 Legacy Donating Member 301 Member For: 13y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/01/13 11:06 PM Posted 29/01/13 11:06 PM Get that too.Win Win
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/01/13 11:48 PM Posted 29/01/13 11:48 PM DO NOT REMOVE THE CENTRE MUFFLER. Had mine put back in, sounded so much better stock. Not sure about changing the muffler with a resonator though?
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 13d Gender: Male Posted 29/01/13 11:50 PM Posted 29/01/13 11:50 PM I just got my rear muffler replaced and the cars louder then it was by heaps
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 21d Posted 30/01/13 12:38 AM Posted 30/01/13 12:38 AM Rear muffler delete without resonator gives more than just a little note. Its not loud but more than subtle. Gives a nice little burble on gear changes and only really drones if your holding it at 2000rpm which doesn't happen at any of the speedlimits (unless your holding too high of a gear).I'm happy with mine for the note it gives. Should be better once the cat is changed, and possibly dump too
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 7m Posted 30/01/13 01:38 AM Posted 30/01/13 01:38 AM I took my centre muffler out. Sounds quite good IMO.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now