OED666 Member 129 Member For: 20y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, Qld Posted 18/04/13 12:25 AM Posted 18/04/13 12:25 AM Luke, I personally didn't get a good look at your clutch, but apparently the flywheel side disc had some grease on it. :S The clutch is on its way back to you, now with cerametallic discs...
FPVFGS Member 359 Member For: 14y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Mornington Posted 18/04/13 03:45 AM Posted 18/04/13 03:45 AM . I spoke to mal yesterday. I think Barbra was trying to get it shipped out yesterday arvo
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 18/04/13 10:30 AM Posted 18/04/13 10:30 AM Luke, I personally didn't get a good look at your clutch, but apparently the flywheel side disc had some grease on it. :S The clutch is on its way back to you, now with cerametallic discs... are you saying installers fault?
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 21d Posted 18/04/13 10:34 PM Posted 18/04/13 10:34 PM Stainless you should realize by now if they didn't install it, its the installers fault stop arguing ..... because no mechanic can install these super technical clutch 1
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/04/13 11:32 PM Posted 18/04/13 11:32 PM Spinner coming in with the 1-2 punch !!!Maybe the grease was from something else ( who knows really ) but you would have to say mick is one professional outfit and something like contaminating plates would not be high on his list
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 18/04/13 11:57 PM Posted 18/04/13 11:57 PM Obviously you guys are missing the important point.. If Henz stopped putting his balls on people's clutches before they were installed we wouldn't be seeing these problems. 1
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 19/04/13 12:01 AM Posted 19/04/13 12:01 AM henz has greasy balls? 1
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/04/13 12:04 AM Posted 19/04/13 12:04 AM I think we have found the issue !!
OED666 Member 129 Member For: 20y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, Qld Posted 19/04/13 12:36 AM Posted 19/04/13 12:36 AM are you saying installers fault?I don't recall typing anything along those lines... For the benefit of everyone reading, we actually sent it to NPC to get a clamp test, and they were the ones who said the front plate had grease on it. As I said, I didn't get a chance to look at it. Spinner coming in with the 1-2 punch !!!Maybe the grease was from something else ( who knows really ) but you would have to say mick is one professional outfit and something like contaminating plates would not be high on his listI believe PitLane installed initially, and it has since been removed and reinstalled for a 2nd time. I do not believe PitLane installed it the 2nd time.I think we have found the issue !!What's your theory? I'm keen to know, that's why we have a forum to discuss... :D
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 19/04/13 01:21 AM Posted 19/04/13 01:21 AM We installed the clutch originally, we also removed the clutch the first time it failed and reinstalled it when it came back. We cleaned the metal surfaces with thinners, not brake clean, on all installations after previous discussions with NPC that brake clean may leave residue, not sure how correct that is but they are more of an expert than we are so we go by that.Lukes flywheel was re ground after coming back from repair at our expense as was the labour on remove and refit of it and was thoroughly cleaned again with thinners, we have not pulled it out this time but the last time it was apart with us there was no sign of oil etc in the bellhousing. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now