mattyc90 Member 34 Member For: 13y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: tully Posted 09/01/13 10:06 PM Posted 09/01/13 10:06 PM hi guys ive got a FG mk2 Xr6 turbo in Kinetic (owned for 8 months) and as wondering if anyone out there has the same issue as me. ive recently polished the car (not for the first time) and noticed I can only do a very small (approx 30cmx30cm) area of the car before the polish dries and is nearly impossible to get off. ive found myself putting all my body weight behind it just to get it off and even that sometimes doesnt work. sometimes even have to 'scrub' it to get it off. ive tried 6 or 7 different polishes from 2 or 3 different brands (meguiars wet look, ultimate polish and wax, armour-all too). I know a mate who has a mk2 in the same colour and can put the same polish on the entire car and then wipe it off with no problems. could this be in the paint or maybe something underneath? I cant seem to work it out thanks
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 09/01/13 10:34 PM Posted 09/01/13 10:34 PM What's the weather like?Are you doing it in the shade?Is the car body surface cool when you start?
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 09/01/13 11:36 PM Posted 09/01/13 11:36 PM in the sun straight after a bootful....FAIL haha 1
ledoff Member 62 Member For: 13y 8m 29d Gender: Male Posted 10/01/13 06:11 AM Posted 10/01/13 06:11 AM did you use a machine? you can burn the polish into the paint if you are not careful
robaneta Member 54 Member For: 14y 8m 21d Posted 10/01/13 07:32 AM Posted 10/01/13 07:32 AM Meguiars tech- wax is the trick in shade and paint surface cool works a treat for my vixen red 1
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/01/13 07:35 AM Posted 10/01/13 07:35 AM Pay an Indian $7 to do it while you shop.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/01/13 07:46 AM Posted 10/01/13 07:46 AM Ask pazzo how he polishes his 1
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 15d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 10/01/13 07:49 AM Posted 10/01/13 07:49 AM He doesn't have to anymore... That's aides jOb now
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 10/01/13 08:58 AM Posted 10/01/13 08:58 AM I have used autoglym in the past, give that a go. Try Super Resin or Ulta Deep shine 1
mattyc90 Member 34 Member For: 13y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: tully Posted 11/01/13 01:34 AM Author Posted 11/01/13 01:34 AM ive been polishing the car by hand, don't really like using machines on it. I always do it in the shade just after I wash it in the morning so it hasn't been driven. found the weather doesn't really make a difference, ive polished it in both winter and in summer (few days ago). temps probably anything between 25 degrees in winter and 30-35 degrees in summer. paint surface is cool and dry when I do it. I will try the tech-wax and autoglym too next time I do it.thanks guys, appreciate it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now