Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

pull the drivebelt off and start the car, see if it does it without any of the pulleys turning (it will be ok for a bit to run like this)

I had some pulley noise a while back, the water pump pulley fell off the water pump snout and I almost cooked the poor thing.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)
how can you tell?

His profile picture insinuates that he is in fact an exhaust manifold, so I conclude that he speaks the language.

Edited by The Converted
  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 30d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I think its phucked but I think it does not matter what noise the car makes, even if it lost a rod, he is still going to drive it as "its the only transport he has"!!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

:D public transport is painful

Edited by sct911
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi Bud

I bought my G6E Turbo 3 weeks ago with 92 000km, got home tonight and it is making the exact same noise as yours. I was a Ford master tech some 10 years ago but left cause they dont pay you enough! LOL I didnt get much of a chance on the barra engine due to leaving Ford for bigger and better things. That noise is definately not the idler or tensioner pulleys, both of mine were replaced by the dealer prior to sale and I just checked mine with my stethescope when I got home. The noise is definately coming from inside the timing cover, probably a lazy tensioner when the oil is hot causing a bit of chain slap?maybe crap oil? Its going back into Ford on Thursday for diff bushes, ambient air temp sensor and now the noise. I will let you know how it goes :) Gota love dealer warranties. I will give her a hard time before I get there to make sure it does it other wise they wont do a thing, I know all to well!

Speak soon

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi mate

quick update, just got onto work in some day light and had another look. It is the tensioner making that noise, my listening device was giving me a bump steer as the noise is transmitted through the timing chest. Well there you go, was replaced about 2000km ago and its stuffed! LOL Hope yours is all fixed bud :)

Kind regards Jon

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)
Hi mate

quick update, just got onto work in some day light and had another look. It is the tensioner making that noise, my listening device was giving me a bump steer as the noise is transmitted through the timing chest. Well there you go, was replaced about 2000km ago and its stuffed! LOL Hope yours is all fixed bud :)

Kind regards Jon

how much to replace the tensioner? havent bothered to get it fixed yet, hopefully soon

Edited by sct911

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...