NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 18d Posted 28/12/12 10:04 AM Posted 28/12/12 10:04 AM OK so I have done:Spark plugsCoilsFuel filterFuel regulatorThrottle bodyChecked for vac leaksReset ECUO2 sensor with genuine NTKI cannot find a reason for my bad idle which consists of a constant miss. Can anybody suggest anything else I am all out of money and patience.RegardsNickAnd the throttle body was a complete replacement with TPS.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/12/12 10:06 AM Posted 28/12/12 10:06 AM bent rod 1
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 18d Posted 28/12/12 10:27 AM Author Posted 28/12/12 10:27 AM I was thinking injector issue over bent rod? It is stock boost can't imagine a bent rod.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 28/12/12 10:32 AM Posted 28/12/12 10:32 AM Could be injector, carbon buildup on valves, bent rod, jumped timingFord can do a cylinder balance to identify which cylinder it is or you can unplug coils one at a timeA damaged piston/headgasket/valveseat can also cause this
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 23d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 28/12/12 10:41 AM Posted 28/12/12 10:41 AM Triple post= Banworthy 1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 28/12/12 10:48 AM Posted 28/12/12 10:48 AM Lol my mate jack is slowing my brain
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 23d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 28/12/12 10:51 AM Posted 28/12/12 10:51 AM As long as he's a Gentleman. 1
BRK Member 361 Member For: 14y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/12/12 12:07 PM Posted 28/12/12 12:07 PM Nothing cheap to check anymore. I assume you have checked all clamps etc? You can start the T with the air intake off it (remove the cross-over and just have the throttle body exposed) That eliminates the turbo, and associated pipes - cooler - and air system. Start it but Don't rev it up. If it still misses, we get down to an injector or a head gasket as a next step. A compression test is where I would go first. That is not money badly spent because you will then know what the engine is like. After that, (if no good)- to the dealer and they should be able to advise which cylinder is "lost."Good luck - {my idle issue was a plug and a coil....... naturally they were not on/in the same cylinder so it was plugs/coils/........... clean throttle body is regular servicing.}
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/12/12 12:46 PM Posted 28/12/12 12:46 PM Has it spat out any codes? Were the replacement coils genuine Ford?
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 18d Posted 28/12/12 08:14 PM Author Posted 28/12/12 08:14 PM The codes were lean bank 1 which a genuine o2 sensor fixed and idle air control under speed so I replaced the throttle body. Having the codes reset today. Still didn't fix my idle though. I'm thinking it may be a bad injector.The engine has only done 125,000 and under load it seems to go well. The fuel consumption is up around 16.8l/100 which is high considering I don't thrash it everywhere. I doubt its a head gasket as no oil in the water or water in the oil etc. My gut tells me its a manifold leak should I have someone do a smoke test on it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now