Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 06/11/12 06:03 PM Posted 06/11/12 06:03 PM My VESSV ute was way better quality than my FPV Ute.
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 06/11/12 08:46 PM Posted 06/11/12 08:46 PM I actually said it didn't bother me much that's why I haven't had the issues fixed. I love my car please don't think I'm bagging ford here but it is built like sh*t. What kind if car rusts after only a couple of years? I won't buy a new ford again which is a shame as I wanted my next car to be a S/C GT. but I will keep my T for a very long time. As stated before I really do love it.
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 06/11/12 10:16 PM Posted 06/11/12 10:16 PM Thought that I should add a little about some of the issues with the VE. Firstly see how much it costs to replace a fuel pump. The Falcon has an inspection cover plate under the rear seat. Late model camira is a diff cradle, tank out jobbie, unless you want to cut a hole in the floor. Some major issues with V6 VE include thermostat housing located on the back of the engine. Transmission out job to replace a $12 thermostat. Rear main seals are failure prone, and timing chains letting go are not uncommon. The V8 has problems with lifters failing, and the PSM (powdered sintered metal) rods are as weak as piss. In the bush, the farmers have an old saying " You know who had a good crop, because they all bought Fords, you know who had a fair crop because they bought Toyota's, and you know who had a bad season because they bought Commodores".Cheers 1
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Posted 06/11/12 10:20 PM Posted 06/11/12 10:20 PM I can only speak from my own experience after owning modern versions of both and my opinion stands.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 06/11/12 10:31 PM Posted 06/11/12 10:31 PM ^ Impellor I'd be interested in which farmers actually said that.. Spend a fair bit of time in the bush and the correct saying would be:Good crop - Landcruiser, Fair crop - Prado/Hilux, Bad crop - Pajero/Triton (Or keep the 100 series cruiser for a few more years)Also a few mechanics out here reckon they make their livings off fixing fords. I've owned 3 fords. 1 x BA XT, 1x BAXR6T and 1 x FG.. BA's weren't bad because everything was fixed under warranty (Bushes everywhere, rattles and squeaks everywhere).. FG was just out of warranty and going to cost a fortune so I sold it.But the statement above isn't wrong.. Taxi drivers love fords because they take a beating better then holdens. Expensive Daewoo Interiors are crap compared to fords.. But all the blokes I know with Holdens V8's are running them for 200,000kms without a problem. I've never run a turbo ford over 100,000km without issues (But I know others have).. But the NA 6, I made it to 150,000 before trading it in and my sisters just clocked 230,000kms before having ignition problems. 2
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 06/11/12 11:27 PM Posted 06/11/12 11:27 PM All I know is HSV gets the (|)
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 07/11/12 01:36 PM Posted 07/11/12 01:36 PM Girls like shiny bright lights and over the top styling
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 07/11/12 02:22 PM Posted 07/11/12 02:22 PM So does that mean if I put DRL's and chrome on a FG I'll finally get laid?
kyle173 Legacy Donating Member 774 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/11/12 07:19 PM Posted 07/11/12 07:19 PM Or clubby VE had a abs cable break 3 gearboxes an electrical problem that blew headlights for two years and the screen inside was temperamental often flickering and turning off. We sold the price of shot and are now in our 3 f6
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/11/12 07:29 PM Posted 07/11/12 07:29 PM Agree about the Caprice story. A cabbie I regularly use for work has a Statesman and after a year already on his 2nd motor for some reason!!! He said the downtime was financially hurting him. Well can't verify if he was exaggerating but something was wrong with his Statesman. Me, had a VT once and after 12 months auto transmission was rattling. Lucky it was a work vehicle so didn't worry me that much. Yep have some minor issues with my current personal BA and past work XR6s (both NA and T) - but for some reason they always bring a smile to my face and feel good driving them And found some great mates on here through my Ford
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now