Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • The Toxic Rocket
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

why?

It's a BA so who knows how many km's it's done. Does it/how long has it had an aftermarket oil filter line on it. You would want to make sure the tune is tip top (not saying it won't be) but with 19psi of air getting sucked in the timing/weather/heat/ a lot of things will want to be bloody right. again, not saying they wont be, only going of things I've read (not the greatest thing to back me up haha)

But if none of that then can you afford to fork out a few $k for a new turbo if it dies?

j.s Just Saying

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Did you miss the bit about it having an FG short engine installed?

  • Like 5
  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Does it have an actuator/ port job?

If not, that.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Has an actuator yes.. No porting though. What's that worth? Tryna budget here :)

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

500rwhp on an FG engine with a GT35r is a walk in the park. you have some good supporting mods and that manual will give you about 10% more power to the wheels than most will get from their autos. +1 for porting the turbo

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

^ that's what I like to hear haha thanks for the advice!! Am I better off buying one of these gtx35/82r things I keep hearing about?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Personally I would get the car tuned with your current turbo first, if simon tunes it with good boost in the mid I suspect you will have a very hard time trying to keep this thing on the road (great fun). however if you're still not happy after the tune I would be looking at getting rid of that BA intake plenum and consider running E85. see how the valve springs go as well (I haven't ever had a problem with them in my FG but clearly others have)... I can't see any reason why you won't be flirting with 400kws. do you run a standard intank pump? if so then that needs to be upgraded asap

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Cheers ripped! I was tossing up wether to do the plenum or not, I just find it hard to swallow at the price.. $1500ish..

But l guess if it's needed then I would wanna purchase that along with all the other gear before physically taking the car to Simon. Don't wanna get there and him say, you need this or you've got no chance..

As for the fuel pump I've got standard in there at the moment. Reckon I'll need a Walbro intank as well as the 044 on the surgey ???

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...