sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 04/10/12 03:14 AM Posted 04/10/12 03:14 AM install airbags brah
kurteee Member 22 Member For: 14y 8m 11d Posted 04/10/12 03:19 AM Author Posted 04/10/12 03:19 AM Thanks for the help guys much appreciated
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 15d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/12 04:03 AM Posted 04/10/12 04:03 AM Take the exhaust off. When you go to get a canary cleared they only ever check what you were defected for. Unless it's changed in the last couple of years. 1
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 04/10/12 04:12 AM Posted 04/10/12 04:12 AM When I got done for too low, I had a car full of people, went to get tested by myself, I even got out the car so it passed no worries.. Any weight in the back that you could take out? go on an empty tank? Get the exhaust raised a bit?
kurteee Member 22 Member For: 14y 8m 11d Posted 04/10/12 04:39 AM Author Posted 04/10/12 04:39 AM Yeah I gonna try it with any empty tank and no passengers hopefully that will raise it a bit, and I'm pretty sure when he was checking I one side of the car was in the gutter
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 19d Posted 04/10/12 04:57 AM Posted 04/10/12 04:57 AM I don't know about VIC but in NSW I believe the rule is 1 person in the car ie you. No regulations for fuel tank, spare wheel, jack etc taken out. But in saying that I can't imagine either of those will give you 10-15mm.Could try and jack the car up just before getting tested, lets the springs stretch back out and will only settle once you drive down the road,. between that, spare wheel and empty fuel tank could possibly get rid of the defect that way?
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 15d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/12 05:31 AM Posted 04/10/12 05:31 AM I went with my cousin to get a canary lifted one day and when we pulled up out the back he drove up onto the gutter a little. Passed no worries.I was so surprised the bloke at vic roads didn't even notice.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 04/10/12 07:38 AM Posted 04/10/12 07:38 AM (edited) Leave it on stands overnight and drive strait there haha.Resetting the springs is the go, if the front is properly lowered I doubt it will dip with the rear sitting up a bit.A can of coke is 125mm high, and a good cheap gauge by yourself. Taking in passenger, wet stuff sag. Edited 04/10/12 07:39 AM by XR09
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 04/10/12 01:08 PM Posted 04/10/12 01:08 PM Go to a ford dealer and ask for the yellow spring blocks they have on the xr's and fpvs for transit and delivery. They get taken off before they are displayed at the dealership. They prevent the spring from compressing and keep the fresh bumpers safe from scrapes. Just ask them nicely. They will have heaps laying around!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/10/12 10:26 PM Posted 04/10/12 10:26 PM Fine if its coils springs - the utes don't come with any spacers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now