131FPV Member 87 Member For: 14y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/09/12 01:21 PM Author Posted 18/09/12 01:21 PM Looks like u have all the right gear mate . Good luck looking forward to it. Let's hope your build go's to plan. Don't worry if it cost more all that means is get more parts lol. Thanks mate I saw your dyno run on YouTube NOW THAT'S IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!Will keep an eye on this one! Are you going to modify the oil pump housing at all or just chuck the pump gears in?Im just doing the gears. My engine builder is taking a new housing a doing the relief mod but not as much as atomic do.
stee3 Member 194 Member For: 15y 3m 5d Posted 18/09/12 11:51 PM Posted 18/09/12 11:51 PM You should be able to make 500 with that gear and be very liable. Also try use inconel valves on the exhaust side, stainless on the intake side will be fine. Ill be keeping an eye on this build I bet it will end up on E85 making 600+.. Good luck with the build. 2
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 12d Gender: Male Posted 19/09/12 07:35 AM Posted 19/09/12 07:35 AM might be an idea to wait until rdp have room 4 your car. just sayin mate cos they have done sooo many fords and that's all they do. zero chance of problems they also got chris's ute well over 1000whp and e85. 1
131FPV Member 87 Member For: 14y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/09/12 07:59 AM Author Posted 19/09/12 07:59 AM might be an idea to wait until rdp have room 4 your car. just sayin mate cos they have done sooo many fords and that's all they do. zero chance of problems they also got chris's ute well over 1000whp and e85.I'd like too but it's a time critical thing my car has to be out of where it's sitting by 12th of October
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 24d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 19/09/12 12:40 PM Posted 19/09/12 12:40 PM I spoke with lee but the main problem is I will be away with work for about 6 weeks and so need a shop that will look after the car while I'm gone. Lee said they don't have the room at the moment.Yeah there's a toxic BF in there taking up all his room. . I believe that one will be over 500rwkw by the end of the year too.(could this be a race to the 500+ club?) 3
131FPV Member 87 Member For: 14y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/09/12 12:41 PM Author Posted 19/09/12 12:41 PM The turbo setup I was going to use is no longer available so looking at going with a precision PT6766 and a 6boost T51 dual pulse manifold. And a Tial wastegate 1
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 19/09/12 09:54 PM Posted 19/09/12 09:54 PM That'll be a good turbo combination for the zf especially at the track. Add e85 into the mix and I suspect it'll rip ya head off 1
nikofgxr6t Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 15y 8m 8d Gender: Male Posted 19/09/12 10:22 PM Posted 19/09/12 10:22 PM sounds like your doing the same thing as me good luck with it mate
131FPV Member 87 Member For: 14y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/09/12 05:51 PM Author Posted 22/09/12 05:51 PM With the turbo setup I've come to the decision of using the standard turbo with the MTQ upgrade which they told me have had similar setups running 480kw with ease. Reason for going that path is, to go a new turbo setup I'll will need new turbo, manifold, wastegate, dump pipe, second fuel pump. Sadly that sorta cash is going to take abit to obtain so I'll be quite happy with a 450kw weapon. Until next year when hopefully I'll be in the 500 club
XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 13d Posted 22/09/12 09:14 PM Posted 22/09/12 09:14 PM Welcome to the fun times of building up your car with big highs and even greater lows!!!!! If you are talking about the standard turbo with upgraded 66mm wheel, I wouldn't go down this path.. Had the same turbo and it was laggy as sh*t! My gtx42 was more responsive! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now