What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

actually page 12 has the actual information, but 11 is the start of the "pre-requisites".

this is the direct quote from that file:
"The lift must be installed on the concrete base where the compressive strength is not lower than 200kg/cm², and the thickness of concrete basement is not lower than 300mm, the strength is not lower than 250 class, the just finished concrete basement must be solidified and kept over 28 days"

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 29d

This concrete is roughly double the requirement. If you knew a thing or two you could knock up a suitable slab for around the $1000 mark once you factor in hiring a few tools.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

yeah... sounds like you're onto something, Nath :)

I'm not even thinking about actually buying a house, at this moment, let alone a place to have a hoist.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

I might have to do a dodgy as it will be higher than the lean-to shed but I thought about doing it regardless seeing as there's one in another suburb sitting in a front yard with no cover exposed to the elements for the past 10yrs!
Not sure what cement specs will be made but I'll be paying someone as it'll be a 4x9mt on the side of the house and 6x6 slab up the back. I'll paint the concrete once its cured so I can see what I've dropped!

• Donating Members
This concrete is roughly double the requirement. If you knew a thing or two you could knock up a suitable slab for around the $1000 mark once you factor in hiring a few tools.
I don't ever recommend buying premix unless you literally only need 1 bag and even then.....1 bag does sweet fck all as you'll know when you see how small it is lol. You can get cement for $6.30 a bag and half load (500kg?) of aggregate for $70 which is about two thirds full in a 6x4 trailer.
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah I was figuring for 30 odd bags. 3x5, 15 sqm 200ish deep. Getting it out via a truck could well be a better idea especially as you're doing a lot more.

That was just a quick thought exercise and you'd wanna work out what works best for your situation.

• Donating Members
Going to brave the heat outside to measure up that hoists dimensions lol.
PDF instructions are choice "Engrish."

As for the concrete, I've done enough fence and shade sail posts now to actually hate doing it even though I do love the earthy smell of it in the mixer! A good friend has been diy-ing for about 25yrs now with house renovation etc so I've learnt mostly from working with him...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Wmmfg today?

I finished repurposing my sons little bike from years ago for my daughters birthday on Sunday. I took it from a faded blue frame with grey accents to a pink (looks red in pics), white and black bike with streamers, one of those farken annoying honkers and a basket. I regreased and adjusted the bearings etc as well. Haha I also pumped up the tyres after this pic.

It took bloody ages and I probably could have bought a new one for the price of paint and parts but ya get that. The youngest daughter loves it so hopefully the older one does too!

X4CE7ba.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Well I measured up that hoist yesterday and it's a tight fit! I'd need to go a 4in slab to fit the hoist under a flat as possible lean-to roof so my idea of doing the meter square concrete at 500mm deep may have to be the go....the width leaves only 270mm gap to the fence as being a high-set house it juts out from about 2000mm up.
I may have to look at a Max Jax set up otherwise?

Nice bike PW. I was worried my daughter wouldn't be able to ride without training wheels as there's no pathways around my house so the pool area was all she had and outgrew the little bike by age 5. We bought her a mountain bike for her 8th birthday in August and first time out at the park after a little frustration she nailed it! So relieved tbh as like swimming once you learn it's there for life....
Just wish we had pathways and no fckn cat heads to pop tyres! Lol