10's On Crappy Rods?

allmtr

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 7d

Ask him what happened next haha

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

I just went 11.2 on the std motor (100oct) and got it built so I didn't have to worry about it going bang, as this is my only car and I use it for work. If it was a garage car I would of definitely tried for more boost and timing.

I would highly recommend E85 if your going down this path, a high octane fuel will go a long way to preserving the engine a little longer.

My 11.2 was with the std intake and crossover too, so a better intake would go a long way also, but also your weight reduction should sh*t it in ALLMTR.

I agree with you as far as the higher octane fuel goes and if racing often I would use any means neccessary to keep that headroom margin and knock at bay. High octane fuels, water/methanol injection or a combination of both are what I would (and will) use.

Anything to keep the engine together longer and the car on the road :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 11d

No didn't go boom, just lifted the head and started spewing coolant, I thought before it went boom I would get it built!!

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 16d

One of the reasons is that they need to be checked & retensioned especially before ya hit the track & after its seen big boost on the dyno. Not possible for std bolts but if arp's have been fitted just crack them back a touch and retension to set levels.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

Dave (blueboost) knew the motor was going to go eventually. But it put up with more then he expected. Even when it blew. It drove back into the pits. Dave was more worried about oiling down the track then the damage he just done to the bottom end.

Was awesome car to watch race.