harvo Member 50 Member For: 14y 11m 25d Posted 28/07/12 08:47 AM Posted 28/07/12 08:47 AM Hey there, Just wondering if anyone makes replacment cv's for the BF (ute) besides fraud! My center cv seems fine, I'll clean it up at work on monday and have a better look but the rear joint that bolts to the diff flange is totaly stuffed. The rear cv looks like a sealed unit (I don't have a repair manual yet) does it need to be butchered to get it off or is there a way to dismantle them, though, it seems to be fairly f@#ked as was making a horrible noise/vibration. I did get an over the phone quote from SDS (sydney driveline services) $1200 for a reco'ed unit and around the $1800 mark for a heavy duty 2 piece race spec type thing but if I can rebuild mine for a couple hundred dollars I'd rather go down that path for now. Are the cv units the same between sedan and ute? I know there's variations between the shafts.Any help would be appreciatedCheers Dan
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/07/12 08:55 AM Posted 28/07/12 08:55 AM I was quoted something like 400bux I think to just have the CV's replaced and then a rebalance using the existing tail shaft. Mines a sedan though but I think they both have the same amount of cv's anyway. Might have been abit more 100bux or so cant remember but yeh sub 600 foshaw.
allmtr Member 512 Member For: 17y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Newcastlish Posted 28/07/12 10:36 AM Posted 28/07/12 10:36 AM Funny you mentioned this. I was looking at my tailshaft today wondering how you undo them. I tried the little 8mm bolts but they were too tight for their own good and rounded off... 1
harvo Member 50 Member For: 14y 11m 25d Posted 28/07/12 11:04 AM Author Posted 28/07/12 11:04 AM (edited) I hear that, I'd like to know what the torque setting is for those 8mm bolts. I had a hell of a time getting them to crack. Edited 29/07/12 01:54 AM by RHR
allmtr Member 512 Member For: 17y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Newcastlish Posted 28/07/12 11:51 AM Posted 28/07/12 11:51 AM I've got a 1mm disc that will fix their little red wagon... 1
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/12 12:15 PM Posted 28/07/12 12:15 PM 3/8 breaker bar with reducer to 1/4" drive 8mm socket worked well for me the other week but I hear what your saying.
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 28/07/12 12:25 PM Posted 28/07/12 12:25 PM Mine came off with the spanner, have taken it off a few times now though.
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 11d Posted 29/07/12 12:53 AM Posted 29/07/12 12:53 AM Do yourself a favor and get a 6 sided socket they are alot less likely to round the head most socket are 12 sided which are good but if its that tight just pick one of those up should make it easier
harvo Member 50 Member For: 14y 11m 25d Posted 29/07/12 05:34 AM Author Posted 29/07/12 05:34 AM found the problem, a rip in the boot and one very dry cv assembly that was a pain to get apart. Now, where to get a new cv from?
allmtr Member 512 Member For: 17y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Newcastlish Posted 29/07/12 06:14 AM Posted 29/07/12 06:14 AM Were are you from?GJ drivelines come highly recommended
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now