Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 15y 9m 11d

Yeah but my dodge will still get the car over the pits....

Got my attention....

Hahaha touché

Unregoed cars FTW

Who needs transfer papers

/sarcasm

My Tornado version 2.0 is still licenced in NSW. Technically not legal to drive in WA because I am not a NSW resident.

Went to a cop shop last night to see what turns up on their system when they type in the NSW plate.

Nothing.

Turns out that the states don't communicate with each other with car registrations and driver's licences. WA police can't check NSW rego. Goody.

NSW rego runs out end of August. I've got two months to save up enough to pay Wiggum to apply a solution (ie emissions... need to get past a 5 gas test).

Lesson: Put local plates on an unlicenced car and cops will bust you pronto (ie computers in cop cars). Use plates from another state and they can't check. Likewise for driver's licence. Can't believe that such a loophole exists in 2015. Use out of state plates... get fake licence over the net from Bangkok...

Edited by PhilMeUp

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 5d
I've got two months to save up enough to pay Wiggum to apply a solution (ie emissions... need to get past a 5 gas test).

Stock injectors and exhaust should get you over, but it depends on the quality of the boost control and weather it can be setup to minic the stock system with the bigger intake setup.

Stock fuelling + stock exhaust and cat + stock airflow (the tricky bit) should equal stock emissions. Does anybody make a paper filter that can be used to replace the K&N?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 24d

If you don't have a roller then leather gloves do the trick and so you don't cut the fck out of yourself also...Lol. Either a heat gun, hair dryer or sit the car in the sun for best contact!

Is that stuff bitumen or butyl rubber based Ralph?

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 5d

I was planning to grab one of these from bunnings and an appropriate sized bit of PVC pipe to go over the roller.

a60cf725-106d-471c-82b6-5c589b569e28.jpg

I'm not sue of the composition mate can't seem to find the info on their site

• Like 1

• Donating Members

You could just buy the cheap roller with one head as the heads are normally plastic tube with the short fur... This will save likely splitting the alloy coating on the mats from sharp edges.

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 22d

Is it hard stuff to put on. My 20's with sh*t rubber have so much road noise. Wouldn't mine some more quietness to the car. 4" exhaust makes enough noise without the road noise.

• Donating Members

By the sounds of it with old mates review of "it's the first time I haven't had the backing ooze would be my assumption that it's butyl rubber which is what all the quality deadeners are made from nowadays. Put it this way that is better than nothing and if you can even seal the inside skin it makes an even bigger difference and not just with midbass and upper mid... I know it's hard though as our door trims enter into the door skin but if I can dig up a topic on the car audio forum that a bloke did it was brilliant and cheap!

It was a combo of what I think is a building material for bricks or roof tiles? (10inch wide roll of alloy flyscreen type stuff with the plastic tarp material stuck either side?) and he cut and moulded it into each door piece and used sikaflex to glue them down!

I'll try and dig up either the topic (2010?) or pictures as my explanation prob means jack sh!t to most!!! Lol