Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 17d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 10/07/12 02:29 AM Posted 10/07/12 02:29 AM Hey guys, About to do my first round of mods and tune. At first I wasnt going to bother with it, just bolt on the new I/C, dump pipe and intake, get some injectors and and a tune. But now I'm thinking otherwise. I know how the waste gate and actuator works, and was gonna upgrade to a higher pressure, but just after some feedback of if you guys think its worth it. Before and after experiences would be great. Cheers !!!
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 10/07/12 02:30 AM Posted 10/07/12 02:30 AM it depends on your set up and what boost you want to control.
Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 17d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 10/07/12 02:38 AM Author Posted 10/07/12 02:38 AM I'll have a PW stage 3 intercooler, Plazmaman 4 inch intake and cold box, plazmaman 4 inch dump and hi flow cat, not sure what injectors my tuner has chose, but I trust him. All I've heard is that the boost "comes on harder". Only really experienced V8's and Skylines, so not sure what they mean when they say that. I should say this is all inrelation to the flapper mod and upgraded actuator.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 10/07/12 03:18 AM Posted 10/07/12 03:18 AM Its more about being able to control the boost at higher levels and even maintain it than let it bleed away due to the standard actuator.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 10/07/12 03:30 AM Posted 10/07/12 03:30 AM lollove the sigwastegate port mod is for controlling the boost in the midrange to stop overboost, the actuator is for holding stronger boost 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/07/12 03:32 AM Posted 10/07/12 03:32 AM don't believe a word Mick says, he sell's actuators.....Also: what Mick said..... 4
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 4d Posted 10/07/12 06:18 AM Posted 10/07/12 06:18 AM Also what mick she's says mick
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 10/07/12 10:26 AM Posted 10/07/12 10:26 AM Big intake, big exhaust get the wastegate mod done...the worst thing you will want to hear when your chomping at the bit to get in your freshly tuned car is your tuner saying oh sh*t couldnt control boost go get it done and come back at a later date...happened to me and my heart sank... 3
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 10/07/12 11:05 AM Posted 10/07/12 11:05 AM ^^ same! You will only waste money retuning it later when you do port it! Do it right do it once! 2
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 11/07/12 04:26 AM Posted 11/07/12 04:26 AM Yea I need to put my one in rather than it controlling the boost of my computer desk. As an example evil my boost in the tune is set at 10psi I think it spikes to 14 and falls back to 7 through the rev range.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now