f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 24d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/12 09:29 AM Posted 02/07/12 09:29 AM well get VE SS then mate.. easy..
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/07/12 09:30 AM Posted 02/07/12 09:30 AM Had mine for 3.5 years and it's been pretty good. Few niggling issues initially but nothing serious, mostly just electronic/software related. From memory the only physical things that have been repaired/replaced was a temperature sensor, fuel sender & diff bush...all warranty jobs.Generally the reliability of the FG sh*ts all over BA/BF, they are different beasts. The drive is a lot better too. 1
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 02/07/12 09:33 AM Posted 02/07/12 09:33 AM Had mine for 4years and no major dramas just the odd sqeak.
james3024 Member 61 Member For: 16y 7d Posted 02/07/12 09:38 AM Posted 02/07/12 09:38 AM (edited) I've had my FG turbo for 2 yrs not a problem my dad has the ss and That has never had a problem but I no of people that have had both and had problems U need to remember these cars are on a production line some will hav some problems others won't it's luck I guess that's why there's a warranty as well U need to go for a drive in both to see what u likeIf u want performance and luxury buy a g6et if u want a car that has some go but sounds like a 8 but is no way by any means as comfortable as the g6et buy the ssAlso why not buy a new FG xr6turbo it's relatively the same price as a ss but goes harder handles better and better on fuel I no which way I'd goGood luck with your choice though u can't go wrong with either imo Edited 02/07/12 09:39 AM by james3024 1
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/12 09:39 AM Author Posted 02/07/12 09:39 AM Thanks fellas, I'm guessing they would be 2008 models? Being the first are they any worse than an 09/10?
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/12 09:42 AM Author Posted 02/07/12 09:42 AM James I get a employee discount at Holden, lot cheaper than an xr6 turbo
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/12 09:47 AM Posted 02/07/12 09:47 AM Yeah the MK2 is going real sweet, no problems or warranty work at all. Being a manual it's always going to be a bit noisy compared to the ZF. Those little turbo's hanging of the side are killer, fun fun fun.
f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 24d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/12 09:47 AM Posted 02/07/12 09:47 AM iv had my 2010 fg f6 for 2 year's now.. no problem's at all..
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/12 09:52 AM Author Posted 02/07/12 09:52 AM I like the little turbo on the Fgs, felt a lot more responsive than a b series car. That's impressive mark with 370kw too. Might try find a low km g6e with a bit of warranty left 1
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 02/07/12 10:02 AM Posted 02/07/12 10:02 AM (edited) Do I need to have experience to make the comment? Or just remember what people say about them on here and in person?But I guess everyone speaking about the fg's after my comment is opposite to what I said....oh wait... Edited 02/07/12 10:03 AM by Shyfrd
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now