Benny_C Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 14y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/06/12 08:01 AM Posted 07/06/12 08:01 AM (edited) I purchased a SCT Xcal 3 off gumtree last week, had it rock up on my door this arvo and the guy who sold me his unit has just ordered one straight off an american ebay site and set the postage details to me. Now I have a useless american unit and when I sms'd him and questioned him about it he denied it, the sales receipt from ebay had his seller name which strangely matched the name on his bank account, When I put this to him he fessed up. His ad is still up on gumtreehttp://www.gumtree.c...sed-/1002402981He says he will refund me but its a massive headf**k and I'm sceptical.Please no one else fall for this trick. Edited 07/06/12 11:05 AM by Dagabond
XR6menace BANNED Banned 1,462 Member For: 19y 5m 3d Gender: Not Telling Location: banned Posted 07/06/12 08:03 AM Posted 07/06/12 08:03 AM Thanks for the heads up mate this should be a sticky! 3
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 07/06/12 08:12 AM Posted 07/06/12 08:12 AM It is..... 2
Mr_xr6_Turbo1 Member 57 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 07/06/12 09:19 AM Posted 07/06/12 09:19 AM Thanks I was just about to buy one from him
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 07/06/12 09:23 AM Posted 07/06/12 09:23 AM If it sounds too cheap....... Hope it works out mate.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/06/12 09:36 AM Posted 07/06/12 09:36 AM Forward the details to SCT Usa and Herrods.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/06/12 09:40 AM Posted 07/06/12 09:40 AM (edited) benny what price did u get it for btw?, the 410? Edited 07/06/12 09:43 AM by JETSNOT
Benny_C Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 14y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/06/12 10:23 AM Author Posted 07/06/12 10:23 AM No I paid $470 for it, seems someone has already messaged him too so this might make getting my money back even more fun, said he's not out to rip people off just thought he found an easy way to make 50 bucks, which fair enough if it worked but for those of us who've done our research still leaves us in the lurch
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 07/06/12 10:34 AM Posted 07/06/12 10:34 AM Say something and risk people abusing him thus making the refund process hard for you or Don't say anything and let fellow forum members potentially fall for the same thing. Its a tough one.
XXRLNT TURBOCHARGED Member 372 Member For: 20y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 07/06/12 10:38 AM Posted 07/06/12 10:38 AM I bought a xcal 3 too from gumtree. it was 2nd hand the guy that I bought it from said the xcal 3 was was returned to the stock tune. but when I went to get the tune my tuner said the xcal 3 wasn't returned to the stock tune so I had to buy a new flash box. called the guy back that I bought it from he said the flash box was returned to stock.I didn't get my money back so I lost $450 :(now I don't buy any 2nd hand parts I just pay a bit more and just buy new parts from the shops 1
Recommended Posts