clyde Member 71 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 03/02/04 10:48 PM Posted 03/02/04 10:48 PM I agree, I sent an email to Battens and was quoted $445. At $350 I was keen, any dearer and I have lost interest.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/02/04 10:50 PM Posted 03/02/04 10:50 PM Just buy it all through ford spares, and then get the adapter off Barry to fit the XR6 intake tube to the XR8 housing.
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 04/02/04 12:08 AM Posted 04/02/04 12:08 AM that's the way I went. Got employee discount on the Ford stuff and just bought the adapter and filter from Batterns.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 8d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 04/02/04 12:47 AM Posted 04/02/04 12:47 AM Venom, how much did it cost you? I had it priced for the whole XR8 set up at Etheridge ford in vermont and it was $327? That's before filter and the part to go into the box.
Rodderz Member 92 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Posted 04/02/04 11:51 AM Posted 04/02/04 11:51 AM If you guys go the XR8 airbod mod with the pod filters, go the BMC filter. It is hollow all the way through and there is a much more noticeable difference than the K & N
gt-p Member 19 Member For: 23y 6m 27d Posted 04/02/04 11:28 PM Posted 04/02/04 11:28 PM (edited) Hi guys,If you can get the comlplete air box arrangement from Ford at a lower cost this would be better than getting it from me.I realize it would be a whole lot easier as well and then I could just send the adapters around Oz.Most of the guys buying the kit allready have the housings and stuff, that's why the cost was so minimal.Anyway, here is a list of the parts that you need to do a complete change over. Add it all up and let me know how much it costs in total.Screw Plugs X 2BMC High Flow FilterAdapter $50.00 from meCover, filter housingBracket, filter housingBoot, rubberClamp, lidScrews X 6Rubber mounts and inserts X 2 for housingTube, 6cyl. Airbox to throttle bodyAdapter B to join two rubber tubes together. $15.00 from me.Clamps, hose. X 2 with minimum 80mm id.Don't think I have forgotten anything. Edited 04/02/04 11:30 PM by gt-p
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/02/04 11:53 PM Posted 04/02/04 11:53 PM Venom, how much did it cost you? I had it priced for the whole XR8 set up at Etheridge ford in vermont and it was $327? That's before filter and the part to go into the box. Holy sh!t! Ive been selling complete XR8 air cleaner assemblies to XR6T owners for around the $240 mark! Complete with air filter!Might have to mark the prices up a bit....... :lol:
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/02/04 01:56 AM Author Posted 05/02/04 01:56 AM Hypnodoc, I contacted Barry, who was helpful, but apparently the kits are $450?? He reckons that you guys swapped over your factory box ( I.e gave it to him) for the moded one, as to keep the price down. Yes I did do an exchange with Barry. Still reckon at $450, there a better setup than the self melting SS jobs for over $500 :o
Jamie XR6 Member 190 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Location: Sydney Posted 05/02/04 08:32 AM Posted 05/02/04 08:32 AM Venom, how much did it cost you? I had it priced for the whole XR8 set up at Etheridge ford in vermont and it was $327? That's before filter and the part to go into the box.Holy sh!t! Ive been selling complete XR8 air cleaner assemblies to XR6T owners for around the $240 mark! Complete with air filter!Might have to mark the prices up a bit....... :lol: Where are you located?
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 05/02/04 08:59 AM Posted 05/02/04 08:59 AM Venom, how much did it cost you? I had it priced for the whole XR8 set up at Etheridge ford in vermont and it was $327? That's before filter and the part to go into the box. I should have pointed out that I fitted the kit to my XR8 so I already had the set up, just needed the adapter from Batterns and the filter and just bought the intake tube and a spare airbox pod from Ford parts. They were about $30 each with employee discount.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now