Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 18/05/12 08:22 AM Posted 18/05/12 08:22 AM Just put a dump pipe on and now my car is only running 11psi. Tuner maxed out the boost and this is much as it could be dialed in.So ive got a actuator ready to go on.Any instructions on how to do it or any nasties I shall encounter?
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 18/05/12 10:57 AM Posted 18/05/12 10:57 AM Have a look here.You would be best to port the waste-gate too. I used a spherical carbide burr and leather gloves (for max control) and remember the "D" shape so the back of the flap doesn't catch.I think you should put regulated air on the actuator to test that it can open fully on the bench. This is a must and something that may have cost me an engine.Also Nord-Lock washers should be used under the nuts to stop the turbo working loose (cheers hawlass )
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 19/05/12 11:48 AM Author Posted 19/05/12 11:48 AM How do you get the sirclip off with the turbo on the car?
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 19/05/12 01:15 PM Author Posted 19/05/12 01:15 PM Ok done it, easiest way is to take the dump off.
Haydo83 Member 17 Member For: 14y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 22/08/12 12:09 PM Posted 22/08/12 12:09 PM Absolute sh*t of a job to do if u dont take dump pipe off,I havnt tested my actuator on a bench but I prob should take it out and do so cos I currently have no boost anyway cos I cant get c clip back on but next attempt is taking the dump pipe off
Haydo83 Member 17 Member For: 14y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 22/08/12 12:13 PM Posted 22/08/12 12:13 PM oh and a silly question.could u do any damage to a new actuator by manually pulling the arm,not very much and turning the arm just to line it up with the flapper arm it just made a bit of a dry rubbing noise
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/08/12 01:02 PM Posted 22/08/12 01:02 PM nup u can flog the chit out of it all day long , if its a quality unit it can take pulling and twisting no worries
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 23/08/12 08:00 AM Posted 23/08/12 08:00 AM Always had to twist mine to get them to line up. No ill effects so far...
Haydo83 Member 17 Member For: 14y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 24/08/12 12:34 PM Posted 24/08/12 12:34 PM Ok thanx heaps yeah I was a bit worried when I spun it I thought id ruin it.that's good to know
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 11d Gender: Male Posted 24/08/12 12:48 PM Posted 24/08/12 12:48 PM You should also put half a hole preload on the actuator arm 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now