G6Et - Lsd Or No Lsd?

Matty_2004

Guest XR09
  • Guests

The single spinner does hook up better and safer in the wet.

It is a lot quiter and less prone to driveline SHUNT. Something the market the G is set at they wont tollerate.

And causes a heap less understeer.

The single also locks up both wheels when abused.

In saying that the semi locker is great in the dry. The truetrac is a lot quiter when fitted with a new superpro comfort diff bush.

The Kaaz is noisey to begin, then goes quite for a while and gets very noisey again with age.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 3d

Getting the power down evenly to both wheels has to be better then to just one right? Despite it still being quick without an LSD.

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 3m 12d

I have observed no less than 3 FG's at the drags, 2 XRt's and one F6 all LSD equipped pulling a nice burnout then single wheeling

Factory LSD in its stock form is sh*t

My car has LSD from an FG GT, and it's looser than a.....

When pushing 350+ kw even if it had a factory fitted LSD I'd be looking at getting a real one

Also fitting an LSD to a g6 is pretty crappy in the wet with traction on, I don't know if the xr has a different calibration of the esc, I believe it does, because when you get a nice bit of wheelspin and it grabs one of the rear brakes it's farken dangerous, it's much safer to play with the esc off

• Member For: 13y 5m 15d

I had a 9" in my WB tonner.After it was fitted it was so farkin tight! Going around a corner was a joke. Grab and skip. Did it hook up though!!!! Had to add some friction modifier to shut it up.

I was wondering how the traction control would act with a LSD. The wet would be interesting.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I broke mine on the dirt road, with the traction control on. Well the diff and the half shaft. Don't forget to take the TC off when playing rally or drifting.

Tab made me do it.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4d

:huh:

Limo all the way. Why is this even debatable? Only TAB thinks single spinners are better. No one else does. But I'm not paying for one. Should come with one. Rather buy other other stuff. Like drugs and hookers..... Kidding!!!

Is that drunk-posting or have you lost the plot?

I guess all I'm trying to say is that the open diff is fine, and the factory LSD is not all that it's cracked-up to be. I can say this with a qualified opinion as I've owned both, but then like anything I'm no expert and it is just an honest opinion.

Love how anything like this just turns in to the same old pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Getting the power down evenly to both wheels has to be better then to just one right?

...yet it's not. lol

• Banned
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

well put it this way, it depends on how u drive, I dont care what fords stats are a lsd WILL get you off the lights quicker, you can get sideways round a corner with ease. on the down side as mentioned before a open diff is much safer in the wet, not gonna lie iv ended up faceing the wrong way before, wouldnt of happened if I had open center.

what im trying to say is if you drive like a dickhead like myself and want to slide round corners then lsd

if you just want a luxuary car that can pull of the line quick once in a while the open center is fine.

the diff in my ute has never pulled a single, the sedans have always had crap diffs, just out of interest how much extra is it for the lim slip from factory?

cheers andy

• Member For: 21y 29d

Tyres are the most important factor. Line up two cars, the first with sticky rears and open centre and the second with crappy tyres and LSD and see which one wins. The better tyred car will.

Too many mistreat their stock cone or clutch type LSDs, expect too much out of them and then wonder why they lose their effectiveness. They are good for mild work but are really not designed for staging, drifting or burnout comps.