IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 14d Posted 15/04/12 04:15 AM Posted 15/04/12 04:15 AM Hey guys I got a bf mkii xr6t and next to my cig lighter there is two USB ports .. What r they for are they any way connected to the stereo for iPod or anything like that ? I've plugged in my USB stick with music on it and nothing and same with my iPhone to try to charge it or play music and still nothing ... What are they for hHaha ?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 15/04/12 04:32 AM Posted 15/04/12 04:32 AM Lol that is probably something someone put there to charge things. Definitely not factory.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 15/04/12 05:55 AM Posted 15/04/12 05:55 AM Sounds like someones put in an aftermarket head unit and some surrounds added 2 USB connections. Obviously have to be connected up with the head unit somehow. Are there ports at the rear of the stereo to connect them to?
IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 14d Posted 15/04/12 08:02 AM Author Posted 15/04/12 08:02 AM Ah I see yea mate there would have used to be one there cos there's a hole cut out for one above the tissue box ! I thought it might have been stock or something cos it looks like its all rigged up ready to go .. But I remember when I put in my power cable for the iPod input I unplugged something that I could never work out what it was
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 15/04/12 08:59 AM Posted 15/04/12 08:59 AM Lol was probably the usb's. Plug it back in and see how it goes
mwoonkey Legacy Donating Member 49 Member For: 17y 5m 30d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 22/06/12 11:52 PM Posted 22/06/12 11:52 PM I have those on my caar that I hooked up to the cig lighter for usb power only
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/06/12 03:04 AM Posted 23/06/12 03:04 AM I'm keen to find out how I can put some USB ports for charging piggy backed off the cig charger. Can you post up some pics of what yours look like? Permanent mount ones I mean.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/06/12 03:41 AM Posted 23/06/12 03:41 AM Autobarn or someone used to sell them, kind of like this but less-ugly from memory:http://www.mycarstereo.com.au/Aerpro_Ford_BA_BF_Falcon_Pocket_with_Dual_USB-details.aspx
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 26d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 24/06/12 04:07 AM Posted 24/06/12 04:07 AM JB HIFI sell them also and maybe our sponsor ASL
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Posted 24/06/12 05:38 AM Posted 24/06/12 05:38 AM I got an adaptor thing that's got 3 extra power sockets and 2 usb ports, designed to just plug into the existing socket.I cut the plug off though and wired it to the factory socket, and ran it up into my center console, so nothing looks out of the ordinary.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now