bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 21/03/12 07:57 AM Author Posted 21/03/12 07:57 AM Ciaran - yours should def have the better internals, but that's a good sign if yours is still going strong at 270rwkw.Henz - What mods did u have for the 360rwkw tune on the stock valve springs?? Is yours a MKII? Thanks for info ppl, it's good to know what others are getting on the dyno and how reliable car is afterwards!
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 21/03/12 07:59 AM Posted 21/03/12 07:59 AM Yeah mate, def has, are you sure yours doesnt as it was in the same month? (unless you're using american time/date format)Should be good to 400rwkws or so I believe
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 21/03/12 07:59 AM Posted 21/03/12 07:59 AM Mk2, but all bfs have the same. Has a full cooler kit, 4" dump + cat plus injectors and surgy.
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 21/03/12 09:00 AM Author Posted 21/03/12 09:00 AM Ciaran - My bad man, I just noticed I wrote 4/6/06 build.. I actually meant 4/2006 build date. Which is really close to when they MAYBE started upgrading the internals!Henz - Yeah I just seen your list of mods in your signature.. Very nice. How bad is drivability now that it has valve float? Tuner told me it's not "harmful" to the motor, more of an annoying splutter after u boot it...
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 21/03/12 09:09 AM Posted 21/03/12 09:09 AM until it drops a collet followed by a valve, pistons and valves do not get along well in the same location if one of them is off it's leash 1
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 21/03/12 09:13 AM Posted 21/03/12 09:13 AM (edited) What ratter said. So I says to ratter I drive like a granny. That should keep me safe.What he doesn't know can't hurt my motor right ? Edited 21/03/12 09:17 AM by Henz 1
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 21/03/12 09:19 AM Posted 21/03/12 09:19 AM Henz do you find that the 9.5" pen*s helps alot in making that much power or is it just useful to have? 1
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 21/03/12 09:22 AM Posted 21/03/12 09:22 AM LOL. Probably both for him...
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 21/03/12 09:51 AM Posted 21/03/12 09:51 AM What ratter said.So I says to ratter I drive like a granny. That should keep me safe.What he doesn't know can't hurt my motor right ?as long as he doesn't find out
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 22/03/12 05:02 AM Author Posted 22/03/12 05:02 AM Ok, so got the car back this arvo. It made 326rwkw, 437hp, 690 ftlb of torque and tuned @ 14psi with a drop to 12psi.The clutch started slipping on the dyno (4th, 5th, 6th gear on the road are useless on boost).And an interesting thing they got from my car is that the compression was REALLY low and acted like an N/A bottom end showing its ignition timing as 4 instead of the usual 12... I don't know if I explained it correctly, maybe sum1 else knows what this means??Or another factor they said is that it was really poor 95 octane fuel. But I told them what BP I got the BP Ultimate from and they said that's where all their customers fill up for a tune..Either way, even with terrible clutch slip it still goes like crazy and it was an exciting drive home lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now