New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 15y 6m 21d

Hi all, my name is Gavin and I have just bought a 04 BA xr6T with 42,000ks and stock as. Found the forum today by googling xr6t. I plan to read as much as possible about modifying my new family car.

Pick it up wedensday, so ill put some picks up.

• Member For: 15y 6m 21d
:spoton:

Get ready for your wallet to get a whole heap lighter.

That part is fine, I also have a 74 Mazda rx2 show car which has taken 10 years and over 80 grand to get going. So spending money on the falcon is fine, I just need to find it as I am also trying to buy a house.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Hi guys and girls

Been a member of this forum for a little while and had a good look around and I have convinced myself that an XR6 turbo is the way to go for my next car but a few things have got me wondering about different models as im looking for one with in 25 grand or so

Ive heard mostly bad things about the 5 speed manual so ill steer clear from that but what is the 4 speed auto like? From reviews ive read it seems to do a good job and is a long shot from the 4 speed auto in the Expensive Daewoo which im accustom to. Is the four speed a strong box? what power am I looking at before wanting to strengthen it?

Secondly is the 6 speed manual in the same found in the SS (T56 box) or different? Would this manual in the mk2 be the pick over the 4 speed auto?

Id love a BF but its abit out of my price range, so is there any huge major differences between the 4 and 6 speed auto for everyday driving?

With the audio, im not really concerned with a fully sick stereo install but I wanna have decent sound.

Firstly can you easily attach an ipod to the non premium sound?

Is it easy to amplify the speakers or replace the speakers and have them running amp'ed?

Anyways hope you can answer my questions as im really looking at getting one of these cars :)

6 speed & 4 speed auto's don't compare at all mate... The zf 6 speed is much better than the 4 speed for everyday driving as it's silky smooth plus it can handle alot more power/torque. If it's an auto your after definitely go BF...

Higher km BF's are definitely in your price range with a bit of shopping around. Which state are you in??

If you're chasing 300+rwkw & go the BA, the 6 speed manual is the best bet for reliability IMO. You'll have to swap out the standard POS clutch though!It is the same box as the commodores use as far as being a Tremec T56, but everything about them is different right down to the feel of them when driving... They're not sloppy like the holdens.

Audio wise, you can swap out speakers & run the factory amp for a basic upgrade or run a line level converter to aftermarket amp(s). Depends how far you want to go??

Ipod can be hooked up to normal ICC with the adaptor as well AFAIK.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 19d

geraboxes made easy:

T5 (5 speed manula) - sh*t, gearbox.. good if you want a cheap stock car and that is it.. found yourself a cheap T5 XR6 Turbo? spend 5-6k and drop a T56 into it.. not so cheap anymore

A4 (4 speed auto) - reliable upto 280rwkw, 300 if you feel like pushing your luck and have a soft tune... they can be built to take big power, but they are still unreliable.. nobody has built a bulletproof 4speed auto yet (2-3k from memory to get it strengthened) there are cars out there that have survived with much greater power on strengthened gearboxes. The tune the car has and the gearbox settings can make it last longer, but at the end of the day if its a couple of grand extra to buy a 6 speed auto and you are planning to mod the car, even just a little bit, then saving up and getting the A6 is a wise choice.

T56 - the big gun manual, if you break this you are a f*cking legend in my books! upgrade the factory clutch and dish out the punishment

A6 - the big gun auto, there are a few cars running over 400rwkw, 350ish is "normal" most cars have survived rather well with this gearbox and there have been very few failures

• Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 16d

to attach the ipod.. I went to ford ($100) or ebay ($30) and you get the wiring loom. which attachs to a plug behind your fuse box in the car.. just run the wires accross the back and bring it thru the consoul bit infront of the gear lever.. should be a holder for it. they give you easy step by step instructions and u cant go wrong..