P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 02/03/12 11:24 AM Posted 02/03/12 11:24 AM I have xr6 turbo 400 kw 1000nm torque t56 and 4.11 diff ratios It feels as if it's slips even at low revs feel like small vibration and I swear I can hear as if it's slipping under acceleration this at rev changes to 3000 no further acceleration then 35% throttle and if I punch it in 3rd or 4 it's slips even in the wet. It was fine when I got it back from the tuner as I thought early days which was 2500 ks ago it would light tyres in 4th at 60% to 70% throttle now I have done just 4000 kms it slips any ideas
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 02/03/12 11:26 AM Author Posted 02/03/12 11:26 AM It makes 20 psi at 2800 3000 if that helps
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 02/03/12 11:29 AM Posted 02/03/12 11:29 AM Off topic but.... How do you find 4.11's with the turbo? A lot of people say they are a mismatch...
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/03/12 11:34 AM Posted 02/03/12 11:34 AM I had slipping with my clutch and it ended up being overboost from a failed actuator.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/03/12 11:41 AM Posted 02/03/12 11:41 AM (edited) The clutch you have is rated to 410 and is organic. It just looks like it is not handling the power. Its nice to have some safety factor. If you have 400 then get a clutch rated at 500 - 550 and maybe kevlar and or ceramic or similar. I know organics are nice to drive but they really don't like to much heat. I run twin plate ceramic Edited 02/03/12 11:42 AM by arronm
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 02/03/12 11:50 AM Author Posted 02/03/12 11:50 AM It drops out to 15 psi aft 4
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 02/03/12 11:54 AM Author Posted 02/03/12 11:54 AM It loves the 4.11 the Dyno tuner reakons. I would have to agree, you can feel your head being pressed into the seat when it grips
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/03/12 12:03 PM Posted 02/03/12 12:03 PM Speaking from experience 4.09's are laggier than 3.73 or 3.43's.They also cause major traction issues. Are you sure your slipping clutch isn't the tires turning as it comes on boost?
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/03/12 04:28 PM Posted 02/03/12 04:28 PM why are they laggier?He's making 20lb just over 3K...
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/03/12 04:33 PM Posted 02/03/12 04:33 PM Less load down low so less boost. He'd be making 20lb's under 3k with a higher diff ratio.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now