Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I guess it depends how lazy the tune is, it's not the octane rating but rather the ethanol content. If you add 10% 98 to the E85 you have adjusted the ethanol content by the same.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

/\/\/\ this guy for president /\/\/\

Yeh we love trashing your perfitcly clean thread jack

Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

Trash away!

I love the off topic stuff... it's my thread so who's gonna say anything! Just keep it nice that's all :)

I was having a think about the E85 thing too... my drive home from work at the moment is just over an hour. So I have plenty of time to think and to be completely honest running around with Jerry cans and trying to get my car back to 5kms DTE and then get to the race track that is 140km from my apartment etc... I just couldn't be bothered. Honest :) too hard basket.

Believe me though when I say, if E85 was available somewhere, somewhat convenient and near where I live we wouldn't even be having this discussion...

Jack :spoton:

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Each to there own but the huge gains are so appealing

Mind u if u havent felt a turbo on e85 u really dont know what your missing

Smooth powerful complete effortless driving

  • Like 3
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Have you got shares in CSR or something?

Farkin ethanol :blaah: E85 :blaah: best fuel ever :wackit:

  • Like 1
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yeah I was being nice just to clarify blokes,I know very well why the times from said rwkw's are what they are.I dont look at them as excuses either,its just you haven't gotten around to that area yet to complete the all round A1 package(I myself in same situation),its clear also Jacks boost is very lazy step up wise(can tell by youtube video spool noise wise).

I like clear air so just setting my smart arz comment straight so to speak.

  • Like 2
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I guess it depends how lazy the tune is, it's not the octane rating but rather the ethanol content. If you add 10% 98 to the E85 you have adjusted the ethanol content by the same.

Tune plays a big roll,I have 20psi in the low/mid tapering off to 16psi by 4000rpm where it makes peak power(353rwkw@16psi) and holds the lot till red line.....very aggressive tune which the BTR despises haha.

20psi tapering to 17-18ish will get you a easy 10 on pump fuel Jack with moderate to aggressive timing,I run Nulon octane booster for safety margin and haven't had pingisking ever.

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

All good mate!

It will actually be interesting when I get to the start line and have all the variables somewhat covered... rather than having a quick glance at a couple, still not doing anything about it though and paying no attention to the others lol

We are working towards it GTX I just would hate to have a major failure so far from 'home'... even though I have proper full roadside assist that will get the car home. It still does over 600kms a week if I drive it anywhere on the weekend and is my daily driver.

Jack :spoton:

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

Here is the dyno sheet from the car when first tuned. Everyone loves a dyno sheet! lol

BPRDynoSheet001.jpg

I only have this one. It shows road speed rather than RPM and as you can see the tune is certainly more inclined to a nice, easy and steady climb to the top even though the GTX has enough fitness to sprint to the top from the bottom :)

Jack :spoton:

  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Your tune is very very very very very very very very soft,to put it into comparison I make 300rwkw by 110kmh/r and then the other 50 comes in at 140kmh/r holding to redline......you know too well what that kind of tune would do to your car,you will feel that chit inside the stomach moving lol very much so.You have exciting times ahead just via a tune,a 10.....I think you may give the Rajab tuned car a run yet.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...