Dingo80 Member 5 Member For: 14y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/12 07:05 AM Posted 05/01/12 07:05 AM Hi everyone,A newbie here. Great wealth of info on this forum and I have spent a good many hours doing some reading. Quick background, had an F6 Tornado for a few years, loved and sold (unfortunately). Currently running a 700+rwNm Diesel Patrol ute built myself which shocks a few people seeing a 3t 4wd drifting and a pretty health 351W 65 Mustang.Looking to purchase a BF or FG Turbo sedan in the near future with ZF auto for the missus (manual would be my choice but she can't drive a stick). Aiming for the 300 to 320rwkW range before max out turbo from what I can gather reading on here.So being it is very difficult to a leave a car stock I am after people's opinions (good or bad I can handle it)on whether the mods I plan are a worth while way to go. Will try and do most mods (not valve springs or injectors) at once myself then TRY drive car carefully to tuners.Flashtuner, injectors, Valve springs (if needed), Plazmaman I/C and piping kit stage 2 or 3 as well as (whether BF or FG) battery relocation and 4" intake airbox and 5" cat. I am waiting on prices from process west for the S2.3 and S2.5 performance kit so may go that way will see.I know some is overkill but will allow for future mods and I like to do things once and properly.Thanks in advance and sorry long post. I know this is done to death here but just wanted to ask.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 05/01/12 07:11 AM Posted 05/01/12 07:11 AM Remember, the fg and bf are different cars, so keep that in mind when ordering parts. The bf's turbo can handle 400rwkw, the fg 320rwkw. A bf2 won't need valve springs, the fg may. Full cooler kit, fuel pump, injectors, 5" cat and you should make 350rwkw (that's similar mods to mine)Or just do cat & injectors and make high 200s.
Dingo80 Member 5 Member For: 14y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/12 07:34 AM Author Posted 05/01/12 07:34 AM Thanks for that.Yes I understand they are different cars. Interesting about the BF2 turbo can handle 400rwkW and won't need valve springs. I am swaying towards a BF2 at the moment as prices will allow me do the mods I want straight up.Are there any other differences between the BF and FG to do with running gear?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/12 07:41 AM Posted 05/01/12 07:41 AM Not really, I'd go the BF 2.The FG's are quick but the BF's are a better base for more power.
Dingo80 Member 5 Member For: 14y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/12 08:03 AM Author Posted 05/01/12 08:03 AM Thanks guys. This is exactly the information I was looking for.One other thing, am I right in thinking boost spikes are only really an issue once the exhaust is modified. From what I have read on here it seems all intake mods are fine but once cat/dump are changed spikes may occur depending on tune and tuner of course?
nitro xr6 turbo Banned 185 Member For: 14y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: perth wa Posted 05/01/12 08:08 AM Posted 05/01/12 08:08 AM fg xr6 turbos and bf f6s are verry close in price, when I was looking to buy I was trying to decide between the two, now that I bought the fg I really wigh I went for the bf f6.cheers, Andy
nitro xr6 turbo Banned 185 Member For: 14y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: perth wa Posted 05/01/12 08:10 AM Posted 05/01/12 08:10 AM yes changing the dump/cat will cause boost spikes, all intake mods are fine. I would also be looking at a actuator/waste gate mod which would also cause boost spikes.cheers, Andy
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 05/01/12 08:24 AM Posted 05/01/12 08:24 AM When I just did my cat it held 12.5 psi ok, but wouldn't go any higher. Then I did the actuator + gate at the same time as I did dump pipe.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/12 12:44 PM Posted 05/01/12 12:44 PM you want to give your misses a xr6 turbo? and then mod it and make it more powerful?
Dingo80 Member 5 Member For: 14y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/12 10:42 PM Author Posted 05/01/12 10:42 PM Thinking about it. One tune for her and one tune for me. She'll only be taking it to the shops and stuff. Then when I'm around I drive it.Might put her through a driver training course though. She's already a pretty good driver.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now