jet40t Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 3m 29d Posted 08/12/11 07:38 AM Posted 08/12/11 07:38 AM hey guys... I have a BA xr6t currently running stock turbo on a built engine at 20psi. I need to replace the head gasket sooner rather than later as im currently running a copper 1 and it seems that unless you work for NASA theyre pretty hard to get spot on?? suggestions on a good gasket to use?cheers JET40T
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 08/12/11 10:01 AM Posted 08/12/11 10:01 AM I have heard the name Cometic mentioned as a good head gasket. Dont know anymore though.
383ongiggle Legacy Donating Member 53 Member For: 16y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Newman, WA Posted 08/12/11 11:27 AM Posted 08/12/11 11:27 AM Are there MLS gaskets available for the t's? I had them for an alloy headed 13:1 compressioned Expensive Daewoo 383. Sealed well after a bottle of chemi weld :-D
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/12/11 11:52 AM Posted 08/12/11 11:52 AM hey guys... I have a BA xr6t currently running stock turbo on a built engine at 20psi. I need to replace the head gasket sooner rather than later as im currently running a copper 1 and it seems that unless you work for NASA theyre pretty hard to get spot on?? suggestions on a good gasket to use?cheers JET40TStock head gasket is good
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/12/11 09:20 PM Posted 08/12/11 09:20 PM I used a stock gasket when I rebuilt mine - done 50,000k's with around 19psi!
Gasman Ford Nub Member 412 Member For: 15y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/12/11 03:21 AM Posted 09/12/11 03:21 AM Just out of curiosity , is there a gasket you can use to lower compression?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 09/12/11 04:25 AM Posted 09/12/11 04:25 AM You could probably find a thinker gasket, but why do you need to? The falcon already has 8.8:1 comp (iirc) in the turbo motor, so anything less will make it a real dog off boost
Bad Apples Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 21y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 09/12/11 09:53 AM Posted 09/12/11 09:53 AM (edited) Not really.. the atomic 698 engines have a compression ratio of 8.2, and they are fine around town, with standard cams and cam timing.Cheers,Chris. Edited 09/12/11 09:54 AM by Bad Apples
Gasman Ford Nub Member 412 Member For: 15y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/12/11 07:55 PM Posted 09/12/11 07:55 PM it would be applied to an NA engine
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 27/04/12 11:45 PM Posted 27/04/12 11:45 PM I might be fitting a head gasket this weekend to an engine I have fitted spool rods to. Everything else is stock (working on a budget) and I will probably run up to 20psi but lower the revs.My question is should I run the MLS-R 1.3m/m multi-layer head gasket I was sent by mistake or get the one that is $150 cheaper and only a single layer (not genuine)?I was considering the difference in compression because I am running an NA motor on light boost atm and it goes well and gets good economy.I also don't want it to blow.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now