Just Had A Spin In Mates Rs!

SipposBFT

• Member For: 14y 7m 29d

FMD!!!! man these cars are sooo much more than I had expected. Easily....EASILY the best handling FWD car I have ever...I mean ever been in... didnt get to drive it... but this thing gave me the most confidence in the passenger seat than I ever thought I could imagine feeling... I always had confidence in Bradleys driving... but the speed & agression this thing laped up into, around & out of corners really blew me away.... maybe its a different type of road feel... but to me it felt just as capable as a slightly modified evo7 I had been in a few years ago... just raw hard edged. The only aspect I could probably criticise the focus would be its struggle for traction in the lower gears... im sure the 4wd boys would really be glad that there is at least 1 area it doesnt match them. I questioned his selection of this car over the new GT he was contemplating buying.... but not now!!! What a brilliant job Ford Euro!!! Oh...and love the different tune the 5cyl growls out... awesome

Edited by SipposBFT

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

They might jump in price too if/when they drop the 5 cylinder for a 4 cylinder. Just a shame they wernt awd.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3d

Why? They tested an AWD version and it was slower around the track, adds weight, costs more and robs more power. if you want AWD there is plenty of other choice out there, EVO, STI, Golf R,

They did something different and seems like a complete success, doesn't look like they had issues selling them either.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

With tab here.. No one will consider it competition for the Evo, STI or GTi if it isn't AWD.. Having been shotgun in one and owned a WRX I know that the RS is a weapon.. But still.. Lemmings be ignoramus's..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...