E85

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 19d

What boost are these high powered XR's with a single 044 on e85 running at or approaching the red line? The more examples the merrier :-)

Also note that the open loop duty cycle table I have seen on 400kw cars varies between a dyno tune and a street tune so if you have any comparison in peak boost between the dyno and street, feel free to share.

Anyone know what they're high rpm boost is? Surely.......

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 7d

Here you go ih8

9d3760e3.jpg

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 7d

So that's got only ONE 044, looking at lambda v boost, at pretty much the same rpm as boost begins to fall away (20-17psi??) fuel begins to lean off, at pretty much the same rate. This is "usually" a fair indication your running out of fuel supply (pump maxing out).

The question you could ask is, what happens if boost is raised in the top end, say rather than hit 20psi and drop off, if it held 20psi, to red line, will the pump (and / or Injectors) continue to flow enogh fuel to keep lambda at a desired 0.80 - 0.85? at 20psi... or will fuel continue to lean off?

But in saying that , fuel looks fine 0.85 for E85 is pretty much the sweet spot, and power is certainly sufficient to run the numbers at the track.

The concern with road cars is always the safty margin, which is pretty much what this thread has been discussing... Dale suggesting that a fuel system should have a decent safety margin in its supply, and by saying 044 isnt enough to to support AND give a decent saftey margin of flow... Simply looking at this graph supports his comments on the 044, but bear in mind , we are only looking at a graph, there may be enough fuel that allows more the tuner to comand more fuel in the top end, or maybe it doesnt.

The graph also supports those saying ONE 044 will run your car to mid 400s.

If anything, this thread shows how awesome E85 is, and your lower reading Eflex is... if you really have to stretch out your fuel system tothe max, use E85!

Any data logging for this car at the track? Be interesting to see how stable boost is and what happens to AFRs at the top of the track?

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Rapids response is exactly what I was trying to achieve, even though it took a while to get there. I don't hate nizpro or e85 but sometimes to keep the thread full of factual information I resort to such comments.

The more data we can collect in this thread the more everyone will benefit. One person simply cannot be all and end all however, combine a bunch of very technical and knowledgeable people together and you will generate far greater results.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 7d

Too true... I was going to post last week when I first saw the thread, but I also wanted to see what mats car did on the other dyno, but turns out he has some re-occuring sh*t in his fuel system that needs sorting.

Its great that poeple have a lot of trust and faith in their chosen tuner / mechanic, and no one should be bagging one or the other for having different views, its all good info that needs to be spelt out clearly for some.

Another thing I see constantly is tuners being backed into a "power corner" without the customer fully understanding thier cars issues or their own goals... I see guys go from shop to shop, telling tuner they expect X kws because their mate or a bunch of dudes in another state are making that power figure, regardless of other small variations that have a huge effect on power, and the willingness of a tuner to push the car harder than other tuners... this leave the tuner backed in a corner, thinking sh*t, should I smash boost into it and make the X kws he wants, or should I respect the fact that his motor has 150000kays on it, his fuel system is juuuust big enough to support the power, tune it safer but at a lower power than he wants??

Tune it up to X kws and fingers crossed it doesnt go bang??

Tune it up to X kws and not give a sh*t if it goes bang??

Tune it to less than X kws but its safe , should go bang, but will customer be happy or pissed he didnt get X kws for all his mods he paid for??

• Like 3

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 11d

Very good posts Chris, I got Spiro to check my injector duty cycle whilst the car was there. 80% - 85%, this thread got me a bit worries, Sporo assured me he would not let a car leave his shop with maxed injectors.