Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Why aren't Virgin striking ? they are paid less than Qantas workers doing the same work.

Oh dear we have competitors and we are running a low cost airline and need to be competitive.

FFS

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Because it's 'unaustralian' Jules. Whatever the fck that means?

  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted

I may come from a different background here.. Someone who's run a business that's struggled and is now self employed (part time) while working full-time.

Qantas may employ australians.. But it's still a f*cking business!!! The sole reason it exists is to make profit and make the shareholders as wealthy as possible!! It's not there to provide a cosy work environment or generous tit for the staff to suckle at.. FFS staff are paid to work.. If Qantas decides to go offshore for staffing you can bet that it's a decision that doesn't rest solely in the lap of Mr Joyce.. There is a BoD who'd probably have a vote across all the shareholders before such a decision went ahead.

As for Joyces salary.. Yeah that'd be nice.. sh*t a few weeks on his pay rate I'd be damn happy.. But even for that money I don't think I'd wanna swap places with the fella. Look at the sh*t he goes through on a day to day basis. As a result of the actions of the BoD he gets branded and that's something that will follow him to every job he goes to and the media will dredge up every chance they get. So yes I think while he doesn't necessarily 'earn' the money.. It's more of a compensation package for what he puts up with.

  • Phantom Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

It's not I was just calling BS on your claim that your political views have nothing to do what you're saying. If you love labor have the nuggets to admit it.

You can call whatever you like, I stand by my statement. I love your assumption that I love Labor because im not putting the boot into workers trying to guarantee job security.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If the Unions force Qantas to go broke what happens to job security then?

  • Phantom Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Why aren't Virgin striking ? they are paid less than Qantas workers doing the same work.

Oh dear we have competitors and we are running a low cost airline and need to be competitive.

FFS

We don't know what agreement Virgin staff have do we?

  • Phantom Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If the Unions force Qantas to go broke what happens to job security then?

Going by what theyve done in the last week I dont think Qantas is struggling for cash.

  • Phantom Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Maybe an agreement to work?

I meant wage and conditions wise obviously.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Going by what theyve done in the last week I dont think Qantas is struggling for cash.

$20M a day to keep the planes grounded? If the staff won't work they can't run the aircraft. I'd like to see them keep that up & run a profitable business.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...