Qantas Wtf

turbo ute79

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7d

Bit low of Qantas to say all round the world that grounding the fleet was because of industrial action (strike)

Ummm...well what was the reason?

Qantas were taking industrial action of their own to lock-out the striking workings, which they are well entitled to do. They essentially grounded the entire fleet out of fear of sabotage leading up to the lock out.

Edited by tab

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 1d

:stupid:

Good on them.. It was a bit of a drastic action and I feel sorry for the people effected by it.. But it stuck it to the unions to force a resolution. It's also not just Joyce that's causing all the upsets it's the whole damn board of directors at Qantas.. A bunch of people with a history of not taking crap from nobody. I don't think we can really point a finger at any inidividual party and say 'it's their fault'.

P.S. - Ex-Govie worker here and I ####ing hate unions..

EDIT: I Fully support anyone blaming the Gillard government.. I hate that friggin government more then I hate unions..

Edited by Brenno85

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 6d

like I said, great move from joyce (and his board), put the ball in their court.

Quick question - Did they need to apply for protected action and give 3 days notice like workers do?

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 1d

as far as I know they didnt stop paying staff during the lock down which means there is no need to apply for protected actions..

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 22d

Whats with all the anti union rhetoric? This man has just received a 71% pay increase yet wont even pass on a CPI to the blokes who keep his customers safe, explain to me that logic. Here is what the staff are asking for http://www.twu.com.au/Home/Campaigns/-Home-Campaigns-Qantas/Qantas-Offer---October-2011-%281%29/ point out what there is unreasonable. When the unions strike its destroying a brand and a national disgrace but when Qantas do it they're heroes? Liberal propaganda and union scare campaigns over the years have worked a treat.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team

Did you read my post above? They are already getting more than the other airlines and that's hardly the start of it, they are seeking extra leave and free international flights etc. How is that strike-worthy?

Obviously you're a Labor/union fanboy, so explain this to me. How is it fair that a Qantas pilot gets more than the Prime Minister of the entire friggin country? And that's still not enough?

Seriously if you want wage equality for all go and find a communist state to live in, I hear North Korea is a nice place.

Sideways - the lock-out hadn't happened. They gave the required notice that it would happen from 8pm tonight.

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members

Sure did, did you read the link I posted? My opinion on this has nothing to do with my political beliefs. To be frank its irrelevant what other airlines pay their staff, they are not asking for huge payrises, and ill add Qantas had already agreed to the pay increase, this isn't about the pay increase its about securing an agreement about the usage of third party contractors to replace Qantas staff and no forced redundancies! Qantas are refusing to guarantee job safety and this is the reason for the strikes, if you're against workers standing up for themselves to prevent more of our jobs going offshore then you're the one that belongs in N Korea.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team

Yes I read it, and it's all union rhetoric.

So it's not fair to compare them to the same demographic in a comparable airline, but it is fair to compare them to the CEO??? :roflmbo:

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members

What rhetoric? Its what they are asking for.... Im not comparing just pointing out that its a little rich to be talking about profits etc while pocketing an extra couple of mill last week.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 13d

Look at big picture .

If Qantas keeps bleeding $15M bucks a week due to militant unions actions in seeking inequitable

terms and conditions on a not only a national but international scale,

where are all the fuctard unions when all the jobs are gone and Qantas folds.

Looking after the members in their hand