Qantas Wtf

turbo ute79

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 19d

I'm an accountant and would love more money, allot of companies are outsourcing my line of work to India. Can I share your tissue?

If I make a mistake I could end up out of a job or in a jail cell too. Poor me.

I get paid well and more than others with more qualifications, and I certainly wouldn't say no to more money, but is it ethical that I hold a shotgun to my employer's head and demand more money? No it's not, I'll ask for it at every opportunity but certainly don't expect it nor demand it.

So because you're happy to sit by with the chance your job gets outsourced everyone else in the country should be too? that's the problem these days everyone's attitude is well if its good enough for me eff the rest. These blokes sh*t on my pay but they have my support all the way.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

Did I say that? No, try arguing the facts instead of putting words in my mouth.

Just trying to highlight that the issues is faced by many professions, so don't for a minute think that Qantas employees are in isolation here.

They are all on good pay and want more, good for them, but to get sucked in to the union propaganda and go on strike because it and label it job security is moronic.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 9d

My ex wife is an employee advocate and her husband is a major union CEO in Qld.

What do they say? Equality, Virgin , Tiger et al

What do you farkers want ?

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 27d

No one is saying they are happy to see the jobs outsourced.. It's a business decision. f*ck all people have security against that in their employment agreements. We are just accepting the fact that Qantas is a business and has to operate as such.

People still buy Nike shoes, buy cars manufactured in asia.

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members

Did I say they were in isolation? They aren't the first to fight for conditions and they wont be the last! But the 3% pay increase was agreed upon? so it isn't about the money is it? Cant throw out the greedy unions line after all.... If youd read the link I posted the line actually says, no Qantas employee to be made compulsorily redundant as a result of use of contractors, this is hardly unfair, if your workforce was bumped off and replaced by casuals how would you feel?

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

Did I say you said they were in isolation? I'm flattered that you're attempting to imitate me but it is really sad reflection on your ability to argue a point.

Yes I believe it is an unreasonable exception. How can you expect a business to guarantee your job indefinitely? Nobody else gets that so why should a Qantas employee?

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members

No one is saying they are happy to see the jobs outsourced.. It's a business decision. f*ck all people have security against that in their employment agreements. We are just accepting the fact that Qantas is a business and has to operate as such.

People still buy Nike shoes, buy cars manufactured in asia.

yes I agree that manufacturing isn't viable in the west anymore is this what we want to happen to engineering and our pilots as well? Why dont we just shut up all offices in this country and send it to Asia?