[XRS1X] Member 56 Member For: 20y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/08/11 11:54 AM Posted 19/08/11 11:54 AM Gday guys,So after being content with the performance modifications I had made to my car it was time to work on a new project and more on the cosmetic side of things.For years I have read several posters share their innovative ideas and things they have done in the audiovisual department and the capabilities that the standard ICC has to offer.I had been contemplating following the trend and doing a full incar pc setup running centrafuse but after seeing the outlay required I could not really justify this option.It so happens that like most people these days I happen to have an iphone and since having this device I barely used my PC so thought if it would be amazing if somehow I could incorporate the iphone into the ICC.After months on end of research I hadn’t had much luck. I passed my idea on to a technical minded friend and he has come up with the ultimate solution, As per the youtube video I can now not only output my iPhone’s video onto the screen but I can also control the screen. My friend is reluctant to share the technology behind what he has done but he has said he will look into developing a plug a play kit for anyone who is interested. At the moment it still needs some fine-tuning but you can see the potential of the project. 1
LOOSEBF Member 106 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Gender: Male Posted 19/08/11 01:01 PM Posted 19/08/11 01:01 PM Dude that's awesome!
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/08/11 01:13 PM Posted 19/08/11 01:13 PM Android too yeah?So tipping an RGB box and a touch film!Oh and phone must have video out as well.Nice work.
[XRS1X] Member 56 Member For: 20y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/08/11 01:28 AM Author Posted 20/08/11 01:28 AM Thanks guys.Yeah I did the overlay and rgb kit myself but could never figure the communication channel between the overlay and the phone (which is where my friend came in).I also found out that where I had originally sourced my rgb box and overlay from that I was charged a significant premium. Like everyone else I want to justify the outlay for the result. If there is a interest I will urge my friend to develop a kit designed specially for the BA/BF falcon because installing this for the first time took over 2 days, with the right cables and a bit of know how can't see why it can't be done in about 2 hours.As for the android as I am unsure of it's software capabilities I really can't give you a definite yes or know but if it has got a video out and rotational software I honestly can't see why not.If anyone is interested in this let me know and once all the fine tuning and bugs are sorted I will look to get a kit realease given there is enough interest 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/08/11 01:30 AM Posted 20/08/11 01:30 AM Add me to the interested list if the price is reasonableoh and well done too you and your mate for the development!
kizzaF6 Legacy Donating Member 48 Member For: 15y 9m 23d Posted 20/08/11 01:50 AM Posted 20/08/11 01:50 AM Yeah add me to the list, great work mate. will sell like the proverbial hot cakes for sure.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 20/08/11 06:10 AM Posted 20/08/11 06:10 AM So you'd have to have the premium sound colour screen right?
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 1d Gender: Male Posted 20/08/11 07:57 AM Posted 20/08/11 07:57 AM +3 me.. Is there any way you can make it fit to screen rather then it cutting the sides out?
GrizzlyF6 Member 87 Member For: 18y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 20/08/11 08:11 AM Posted 20/08/11 08:11 AM that's unreal! add me to the interested list aswell
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 20/08/11 10:27 AM Posted 20/08/11 10:27 AM Thought asl did one already but not too sure on the touch screen capability. I maybe interested but later.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now