JIMBO Member 38 Member For: 23y 7m 25d Location: Sydney Posted 27/11/03 05:53 AM Posted 27/11/03 05:53 AM I had the same problem. Flaring between 2nd and 3rd. Dealer replaced the valve body... did no good. Got a new box put in by the dealer and that packed it in after a month and the car had to get towed to the dealer (very embarrassing as it was at work and I copped heaps about buying a Ford). I am now on my 3rd box after 9000k's. The dealer has been great though in getting it fixed pronto but I'm sure he is sick of seeing me and I am sick of seeing him. This may offend but this is definately my first and last Ford .Jimbo
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 27/11/03 06:02 AM Posted 27/11/03 06:02 AM well dont by a commodore!geea let us know how you go with getting yours fixed!I hope my box doesnt need replacing.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 27/11/03 06:08 AM Author Posted 27/11/03 06:08 AM I had the same problem. Flaring between 2nd and 3rd. Dealer replaced the valve body... did no good. Got a new box put in by the dealer and that packed it in after a month and the car had to get towed to the dealer (very embarrassing as it was at work and I copped heaps about buying a Ford). I am now on my 3rd box after 9000k's. The dealer has been great though in getting it fixed pronto but I'm sure he is sick of seeing me and I am sick of seeing him. This may offend but this is definately my first and last Ford .Jimbo How long ago was your valvebody replaced, Jimbo? I was told that the valvebody being put in is different to the one in there at the moment.geea let us know how you go with getting yours fixed!Will do. The part arrived today and the "T" is booked in for Monday morning. I will try findout what has been changed on the valvebody and how commom the problem is. Scotty, I will try to get the old valvebody, if I do get it what should I do with it?
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 27/11/03 07:08 AM Posted 27/11/03 07:08 AM geea,get it first & then we'll get some AUTO smartarse to tell us how to improve its shift, without screwing the smoothness whilst cruising.Scotty
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 27/11/03 07:15 AM Author Posted 27/11/03 07:15 AM geea,get it first & then we'll get some AUTO smartarse to tell us how to improve its shift, without screwing the smoothness whilst cruising.Scotty Good plan. Geea
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/11/03 07:53 AM Posted 27/11/03 07:53 AM I had the same problem. Flaring between 2nd and 3rd. Dealer replaced the valve body... did no good. Got a new box put in by the dealer and that packed it in after a month and the car had to get towed to the dealer (very embarrassing as it was at work and I copped heaps about buying a Ford). I am now on my 3rd box after 9000k's. The dealer has been great though in getting it fixed pronto but I'm sure he is sick of seeing me and I am sick of seeing him. This may offend but this is definately my first and last Ford .Jimbo :banghead:JIMBO, I know the frustration that you are suffering from but you can't give up. It's a shame that Ford are selling so many of these cars that build quality is suffering, trying getting something out of GM under warranty is like a chinese version of an Italian soccer match. At least Ford will stand behind their product, still it makes you wonder? So much for the clever country
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 27/11/03 08:09 AM Posted 27/11/03 08:09 AM hey geeaif you can find out whether or not the part number is different to the origional valve body too.
JIMBO Member 38 Member For: 23y 7m 25d Location: Sydney Posted 27/11/03 11:26 AM Posted 27/11/03 11:26 AM geea.... I'm not exactly sure as to when the valve body was replaced as I have the receipt at work but I'd say it was about 8 weeks ago.The valve body I got was the new one designed by BTR the producers of the box. I do know someone who had the same problem and he's happy and has no flaring problem, not so in my case.I really hope you do not get the problems I had , but I'll tell ya...you'll know if the problem is fixed fairly soon after you drive it out of the dealers.Good Luck
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 27/11/03 05:11 PM Author Posted 27/11/03 05:11 PM hey geeaif you can find out whether or not the part number is different to the origional valve body too. I will try and find out.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 27/11/03 05:12 PM Author Posted 27/11/03 05:12 PM geea.... I'm not exactly sure as to when the valve body was replaced as I have the receipt at work but I'd say it was about 8 weeks ago.The valve body I got was the new one designed by BTR the producers of the box. I do know someone who had the same problem and he's happy and has no flaring problem, not so in my case.I really hope you do not get the problems I had , but I'll tell ya...you'll know if the problem is fixed fairly soon after you drive it out of the dealers.Good Luck Thanks Jimbo, I'll tell you how I go. I hope you can get yours sorted out too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now