freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 7d Gender: Male Posted 21/09/11 12:19 PM Posted 21/09/11 12:19 PM Yeah true.. I've noticed my standard CIA gets really hot,, dunno how efficient it'll be after 30 mins
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 21/09/11 12:30 PM Author Posted 21/09/11 12:30 PM Exactly, I'm hoping my tuner can chime in on this and let me know what would be best for flow wise but I'm sure it wouldnt be sticking with the standard CAI. Just doesn't bring in enough air !!
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/09/11 12:29 AM Posted 22/09/11 12:29 AM we have seen several cars make 335+ through the factory box with a typhoon snorkel fitted, but yes there are better options out there
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 22/09/11 01:01 AM Author Posted 22/09/11 01:01 AM that's the answer I was waiting for . Thanks Mick. Looks like I'll be headed down another path.
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 22/09/11 01:21 AM Author Posted 22/09/11 01:21 AM Maybe we could do a trial run with the standard box and then swap it over and see the differences ??
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 27/09/11 11:50 AM Author Posted 27/09/11 11:50 AM Ok so I'm now gonna do the big big cooler from nizpro, fuel pump, turbo port, and I'm guessin I'll do the nizpro airbox to. Any opinions on this ??And I wanna know about a surge tank ? Wil it benefit these mods ? If so whats the difference gonna be roughly ??And what power am I looking at roughly ?Cheers
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 11d Gender: Male Posted 28/09/11 12:10 AM Posted 28/09/11 12:10 AM Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you'll gain any power from having a surge tank but with the power you're planning on pushing, a surge tank is probably a good safety measure as with anything under half a tank the fuel will slosh around and the in tank pump might struggle.
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 28/09/11 05:23 AM Author Posted 28/09/11 05:23 AM that's what I was thinking to, maybe someone can clear it up. No doubt will be safer though as you said.
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/09/11 06:28 AM Posted 28/09/11 06:28 AM (edited) Surge tank makes no benifits to power,, just supplies the motor with continuous fuel that sometimes the tank doesnt give Edited 28/09/11 06:28 AM by freeze_dk
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 28/09/11 06:30 AM Author Posted 28/09/11 06:30 AM Righto then. It would make sense that if the ability is there to supply more fuel then its possible for the car to make more grunt to.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now