Riff Legacy Donating Member 670 Member For: 15y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/04/12 10:12 AM Posted 15/04/12 10:12 AM Just ordered my copy and I am looking forward to reading it. 1
Rhino1980 09JET Member 1,510 Member For: 17y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: E. Maitland Posted 15/04/12 10:40 AM Posted 15/04/12 10:40 AM Kudos Rudiger. My old man spent 27 years in the job, 11 in the scrash investigation unit. The toll it took on him was severe. No wonder he tried so hard to stop my brother and I from joining the Police. I spent 8 years in and am glad to be out. I know I have seen more than my fair share of horrible things but I always admired the outstanding job the crashies did. Last year a crash guy from the area I used to work in sadly took his own life. Its a hard job and there are plenty of knockers out there but only those that have lived it can truly understand. Congrats on producing something that may help them see the other side.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 15/04/12 10:53 AM Posted 15/04/12 10:53 AM Gee, no good about the guy from your area :( 27years for your old man in the force is a long time, good on him. If only most of the people/bogans who disrespects the police, had an experience like Craig or your Dad, they'd have a different outlook.
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 16/04/12 05:17 AM Posted 16/04/12 05:17 AM I finished reading the book about a month ago. I thought it was really good Craig. It's those sorts of things that need to be shown to students in schools instead of molly-coddling them and showing them "here's what happens to a car that crashes at 60 and one that crashes at 100". It's only graphic descriptions and pictures like the incident with the yound girl and the firetruck t-boning her car that actually get through. For people to take notice you need to evoke an emotional response and unfortunately it's quite sad that the best way to do that is with violent deaths of children.I know in your book there are things you said you would never relive or share with others because they were too graphic but if a government had the balls to actually allow it, I think it's that sort of stuff that would be most effective at getting through to teenagers. The "speed kills" message doesn't work A) because it's not true and B) because it's been re-iterated so much that people no longer pay attention. The sooner the state governments accept this, the sooner they can develop a more effective program.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/04/12 06:15 AM Posted 16/04/12 06:15 AM (edited) Absolutely.I'm not sure if it's being shown nationally, but the Qld govt have been running a seatbelt campaign apparently based on some visuals from the UK that is pretty full-on. Show's the effects of not wearing a seatbelt in terms of the drivers head smashing the windscreen and lungs puncturing and ribs snapping etc. set to a rather catchy soundtrack.That's the sort of stuff there needs to be more of, not the warm and fuzzy nancy pants crap, or speed cameras hiding in the long grass so that you learn your lesson a week later via the postman.edit...this one Edited 16/04/12 06:19 AM by tab
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/04/12 06:28 AM Posted 16/04/12 06:28 AM Great ad,with possibly the worst soundtrack ever 1
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 16/04/12 08:09 AM Posted 16/04/12 08:09 AM Nope, I haven't seen that ad before. As Ralph said, it's a good ad but the sound track is a little too cheery...
harryh Legacy Donating Member 166 Member For: 16y 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/04/12 12:20 PM Posted 25/04/12 12:20 PM I have read your book, well done. Interesting, thought provoking and sad, particularly thinking of those that lost their lives because of other dick heads. Surprised you are sane after seeing the stuff that you have! Couldn't put it down and finished it in a day. Everybody should read the book, makes you realise that as good as we think we are, sh*t happens and people die so we should think before we speed up the dying process by driving like dick heads.
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 29/04/12 01:18 AM Posted 29/04/12 01:18 AM As an ex crash investigator, I am happy to see that you have put this book together dude it is a topic people need to be more aware off, I left crash 6 years ago and it is still fresh to me.
MX Dave Legacy Donating Member 545 Member For: 15y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/04/12 03:02 AM Posted 29/04/12 03:02 AM Just bought my copy after reading this thread.Shall be a good read by the looks of things.Good luck with the cancer mate!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now