hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/07/11 10:58 PM Posted 14/07/11 10:58 PM (edited) Got a 2011 Mustand from Avis in LA the other day with only 1200 miles on it. I usually get a V8 Mustang, Challenger, or Vette but they had none. Although the 6 cyl is a great looking car with lots of groovy gadgets and it will even verbally self diagnose and talk to you, it looks great inside and out, but sounds like a V6 Late model camira and has about the same torque. It tells me I am averaging 20.7 MPG at the moment and I haven't really flogged it because of the endless LA traffic jam and its too boring waiting for it to get up any real speed. The FG is better finished, faster, quieter, and handles a hell of a lot better. I hope Ford Aus don't decide to make this V6 standard fare in the Falcon. Edited 14/07/11 11:03 PM by hypnodoc
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 14/07/11 11:22 PM Posted 14/07/11 11:22 PM Apart from the arse end it is a nice looking car. I actually had the displeasure of driving a rental VE SV6 a couple days ago and know what you mean with the lack of torque, I hope we don't get that mustang engine . . . . . unless it comes with 2 small turbos
tim85 Member 56 Member For: 16y 2m 2d Posted 15/07/11 12:25 AM Posted 15/07/11 12:25 AM I did a road trip from San Diego to Las Vegas then to Grand Canyon and back to Vegas over 2 days. I booked a small compact for the trip but when I rocked up at San Diego airport they said they needed this black mustang returned to Vegas so they offered it to me for an extra $10 per day. Of course I wasn't going to knock back that deal. Black V6 with full beige leather interior. It was an adventure and I did it in style! I have pics I might try to put up later. Doesn't have anywhere near the low down torque or power that my xr6t has.
Rancidpunx Brisbanes Resident Detailer Legacy Donating Member 950 Member For: 17y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane. Posted 15/07/11 03:21 AM Posted 15/07/11 03:21 AM I can go one better, last year when I was in California our convertible stang was brand new still had all the plastics wrapped on the interior. When you first fire it up it sounds reasonably good but after about 10 secs it settles down.I really like the look the new model and if it came here for a reasonable price comparable to the states Id buy one. GT of course.Be sure to head to Rodeo Drive and cop a look at a Veyron.
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 15/07/11 11:29 AM Posted 15/07/11 11:29 AM What displacement is the v6? If ford are going to a different configuration, I'd love to see a hori-opposed 'boxer' 6 up front.
_John_ Member 287 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 15/07/11 09:41 PM Posted 15/07/11 09:41 PM The car the Doc had there starts at 22 grand, wouldn`t be noice to live over there and earn what you do here???It`d be lush.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/07/11 10:34 PM Author Posted 15/07/11 10:34 PM (edited) What displacement is the v6? If ford are going to a different configuration, I'd love to see a hori-opposed 'boxer' 6 up front.Not sure of the displacement, but it is nowhere near the 4.0 litre NA I6 falcon engine in performance or smoothness. It reminds me exactly of a V6 dunnydore engine in performance and sound. The build quality leaves a lot to be desired and it has nothing on the new V8 Mustangs. I'm picking one of them up in Tampa next Tues so the comparo will be interesting. Heres a couple of snaps. Edited 15/07/11 10:39 PM by hypnodoc
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 15/07/11 10:50 PM Posted 15/07/11 10:50 PM Do they still run a live axle leaf sprung rear?
_John_ Member 287 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/11 12:21 AM Posted 16/07/11 12:21 AM it`s just just a cheap car to them. It`s still a live axle I am fairly sure. Does that gear shifter make a bold statement or what?We want rental car abuse vids too.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/07/11 01:06 AM Author Posted 16/07/11 01:06 AM Do they still run a live axle leaf sprung rear?No leaf springs underneath, Trailing Arms, Coil Springs, Shocks & a skinny Sway Bar. Heres a poor photoJohn rental abuse may happen with the V8 in Florida, no speed cameras or radar down there and the cops are not really interested in speed. California is a different story they are desperate for revenue since the place is basically bankrupt, that's why they send out the commando police to pull everyone up, looking for defects to hand out fines. I did follow a public bus down the I10 freeway to Santa Monica this morning at 75 MPH though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now