FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/11 06:19 AM Posted 05/07/11 06:19 AM Title pretty much says it but I'm looking for something that will work best with a standard rotor and not chew it in 5000kms. Basically just want something with a bit more bite in day to day city driving.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 05/07/11 07:24 PM Posted 05/07/11 07:24 PM What have you used that chewed the rotors in 5000ks?I've always used Ferodo DS series pads with excellent fade resistance. Rotors and pads last about 40000k. Fair bit of dust though.Heard many using Hawke Ceramic lately which might be an option for you. Little dust apparently.Benny.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 05/07/11 08:52 PM Posted 05/07/11 08:52 PM next set I get I think are going to be ebc redstuff all round, not suited for racing but apparently are really good for everyday driving...
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/07/11 06:37 AM Posted 10/07/11 06:37 AM What have you used that chewed the rotors in 5000ks?I've always used Ferodo DS series pads with excellent fade resistance. Rotors and pads last about 40000k. Fair bit of dust though.Heard many using Hawke Ceramic lately which might be an option for you. Little dust apparently.Benny.Currently using Hawk pads..and yes less dustier than standard, but there is a little bit of noise as most have reported (however, I'm using dba rotors). They/re ok..cheaper then Ford pads.
phantom xr6t Talks Cheap, Let's Race Member 596 Member For: 19y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Atherton, FNQ Posted 10/07/11 08:36 AM Posted 10/07/11 08:36 AM I got told I should use green stuff pads, after I cooked the std pads I got on at the moment.
Garrettba03 Member 78 Member For: 15y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney West Posted 24/07/11 02:51 PM Posted 24/07/11 02:51 PM Im going to try Lucas/Trw pads first up front and rear before I make other changes. I used them on the last 2 cars and they worked really well (with good brake fluid).
young 01 Member 28 Member For: 16y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 24/07/11 10:21 PM Posted 24/07/11 10:21 PM Try Race Brakes in Melbourne, I am pretty sure they would have a set to suit the standard discs? I have had a set on the F6 with the new DBA T3 rotors and couldn't be happier. Very little brake dust compared to the OEM factory setup and from what I hear they last longer and don't wear out the rotors anywhere near as much.
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 10/08/11 05:41 AM Posted 10/08/11 05:41 AM Currently using Hawk pads..and yes less dustier than standard, but there is a little bit of noise as most have reported (however, I'm using dba rotors). They/re ok..cheaper then Ford pads.Does Hawk make ceramic pads for the standard Falcon calipers (ie front and rear)? If so, any idea what the part numbers are?
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/08/11 11:23 AM Posted 15/08/11 11:23 AM I'm not too sure but give Race Brake a call. They are outstanding in giving advice. Good pads for their price but again a little noisier than standard.
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 05/09/11 03:14 PM Posted 05/09/11 03:14 PM (edited) +1 Had the Hawk Ceramic in the Rspec with 4000DBA XS..Lasted for ever... and were awesome.. after 40,000 still 50% and no lip on the rotors!Just need a little heat when you leave the drive way - so watch the first couple of corners... Edited 05/09/11 03:16 PM by smicky
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now