helbz Member 176 Member For: 15y 5m 26d Posted 20/12/11 09:49 AM Posted 20/12/11 09:49 AM Has anyone here had any issues using Gulf Western trans oil?I am also running GW and have had no issues, Nor have I heard anyone who has.
BF6 Member 333 Member For: 15y 11m 2d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/11 08:50 PM Posted 20/12/11 08:50 PM I run GW, it's good stuff. Never had an issue.As long as u flush the old oil out properly so it hasn't got any contamination with new oil it should be sweet as.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 26d Posted 20/12/11 09:08 PM Posted 20/12/11 09:08 PM Its cheap enough to give it a real good flush too. We used about 16l including the refill. Expect to pay $150-$160 for 20l.Ring or email gulf western for more stockists, their website doesn't list them all, and the main retailers like autobarn are a ripoff.
RICFORD Member 84 Member For: 15y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 21/12/11 04:31 AM Posted 21/12/11 04:31 AM Thanks guysLooks like GW is better suited for the ZF.I'll give it a go in the new year.Hope the transmax z has'nt caused permanent damage.My trans feels solid when warm but crazy when cold.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 21/12/11 05:16 AM Posted 21/12/11 05:16 AM How did you go with WOT 3rd to 4th?sorry for the late reply, Held up good mate. Has been tuned again now so I'm waiting for the input shaft or clutch packs to go.Will be dropping the oil and putting in the mainlube again in the new year, as it was only a change and not a flush.
Emosh99 Member 260 Member For: 15y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 22/12/11 03:46 AM Posted 22/12/11 03:46 AM any recommended workshops around the cbd area (or willing to travel if they can do it while I wait) to do flush + gulf oil?what are the benefits of going steel pan? structural integrity or does it aid in cooling?
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 8m Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 22/12/11 05:30 AM Posted 22/12/11 05:30 AM someone correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure on the plastic pan the filter is part of the pan, so if you want to change the filter you have to change the whole pan $$ whereas on the steel pans the filter is separate and and you can just change it.got a full flush from pitlane a couple of weeks ago, hasn't missed a beat and wouldn't recommend anyone else. 1
helbz Member 176 Member For: 15y 5m 26d Posted 22/12/11 05:40 AM Posted 22/12/11 05:40 AM Yes you are right the plastic pan and filter are a throw away item, The metal pan has a replacable filter. But I am sure I saw a guy who had modified the plastic pan to allow the replaceable filter on here or AFF.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 22/12/11 06:36 AM Posted 22/12/11 06:36 AM Damn, wish I'd known that. The plastic pan seems to seal a whole lot better due to the rubber gasket and the filter only has to be held up in place. It has a tube that goes up inside the trans. Although I was told the metal pan will dent rather than cracking if it hits something.
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 19d Gender: Male Posted 22/12/11 12:34 PM Posted 22/12/11 12:34 PM sorry for the late reply, Held up good mate. Has been tuned again now so I'm waiting for the input shaft or clutch packs to go.Will be dropping the oil and putting in the mainlube again in the new year, as it was only a change and not a flush.Why are you waiting for something to break? I have no issues with mine around 420rwkw (knocking on wood), don't go too aggressive on the zf tune and you should be fine.When shifting up gears mine does not bang, it sort of feels like it is being sucked, smooth and crisp into the next gear. Took a couple of goes but now its perfect.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now