Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/11/03 04:36 AM Posted 16/11/03 04:36 AM Retail.
Mr_GT Member 31 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Posted 16/11/03 10:09 AM Posted 16/11/03 10:09 AM it always pays off to shop around for the best priceI live in sydney,and was recently aftr an xr8 ute...but have now decided to wait for series 2.I went to one dealer a few months back,and I wanted a blueprint ute,standard in auto,that's it.one dealer quoted me 46.5k...I gave it time and said ok...and then I found out a relative works for ford and he said to c the sales guys where he works and I did and they said they will look aftr me ...he said 42 on the phone ....me and my dad went to sign the papers and he started another quote and said 43.5k....so we said stuf that...he said that he only wwould done 42k for the day he rang me and stuff....so then we visited another dealer and he dropped the price to 41.5k....then had to let it go for a while due to other commitments....but there are no friends in business...every1 is out there to make there money....so shop around and bargain ...u will cut off a fair bit off the price...ud b surprised how leanient they go.cheers guyz
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 23d Location: Adelaide Posted 19/11/03 01:03 AM Posted 19/11/03 01:03 AM very interesting this thread...me..ill be buying from country soil in the riverland why? 1 - we know where the dealers live 2 - we know other people who have bought from them and been looked after.that's the most important thing to me, I've ot no problem paying the $$$ but I expect to be looked after after I make the purchase I was going to buy from the city (Adelaide) and was told that the base xt falcon was the car for me. Then went to the barmera field day where the ford dealer from home had every model current falcon lined up. I got to sit in every model with almost every extra and was instantly not only impressed but also greatful that the salesman was willing to let me test the xr6 turbo as well as the base xt. Theres nothing wrong with the xt - its just the fact that that was the only car I was shown despite querying the xr6.Definately country grown and bred :-)
cvanxr Member 502 Member For: 23y 10m 29d Location: Country NSW Posted 19/11/03 01:34 AM Posted 19/11/03 01:34 AM I was quoted under $40k for a Turbo sedan with 18's, leather, sunroof, prestige paint and premium sound through a government lease deal about 4 weeks ago so maybe lease companies are the go to get a better up front price.The price you were quoted is an awesome price if it comes with the options you listed. My company gets big discounts, but I think we would be pushing to get that. Is it nnew or used? I would be really interested to know 1.How you get it so cheap & 2. Who you are dealing with. My company has a few Turbo's running around including mine and we are always interested in better prices. We also buy at Govt. pricing PM me if you don't want it to be public knowledge.Oh and welcome to the Forum
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 25/11/03 04:30 AM Posted 25/11/03 04:30 AM QUOTE (RATT @ Nov 14 2003, 09:46 PM) Cro, that has got to be the worst advice you could give! No offence intended. Dealers will not discount the T a great deal if at all. Going around and pitting one against the other will only burn you. Dealers do talk to each other and if you haggle long enough they will all know about you and then you will definately not get a better price.The best approach is to go to the dealer where the salesman is most helpful and be honest if he is because there isn't that much money in new cars and at the end of the day they are there to earn a living just like the rest of us. I got 6 grand off my car doing exactly that.I got 2 grand off a fridge and washing machine doing that.I got 500 off my tv doing that.I got 300 of my camera doing that.I get 100 off most of the cheaper CB radio's I buy, more for the expensive ones.Each to their own, but I know how to haggle, and I always come out in front.I agree partly with RATT, I'm a dealer for various items and nothing gets my blood boiling more than someone using a price I've given him to get a cheaper price somewhere else and yes dealers do talk to each other. By all means shop around but bargin with your own skills not another dealers price. Another thing to consider which doesn't really apply to cars because there can be a big saving to possibly be made but take into account the amount of time and money it actually cost you to shop around, it may end up costing you more than you saved with all the traveling around in some cases. Anyone who has a brand of product we sell who has brought it somewhere else and then brings it to us when a problem occurs is told to take it back to where they bought it, and the response I always get is "oh, it's to far to take it back there", well it wasn't to far to go to buy it.When I bought my T I told the dealer I had a deal lined up at another dealer which I was happy to except but I would prefer to buy it off them (the local dealer) and I wanted him to give me what he could offer, which he did and I signed and at no stage did I tell him the price from the other dealer. If I'm going to buy something the retailer is going to earn the sale on his own merit not by being force feed a quote from another retailer.And Cro I'm amazed that you've saved so much on CB radios, I sell GME and there's no way in hell anyone would get that big a discount that means I would be selling them under cost!
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/11/03 04:39 AM Posted 25/11/03 04:39 AM And Cro I'm amazed that you've saved so much on CB radios, I sell GME and there's no way in hell anyone would get that big a discount that means I would be selling them under cost! Big mark up on Unidens.I get it a couple of bucks over cost.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 25/11/03 04:52 AM Posted 25/11/03 04:52 AM Big mark up on Unidens.I get it a couple of bucks over cost.Ah, it not what you know it's who you know type of thing.
Al Bundy Member 68 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Location: Australia Posted 26/11/03 11:33 AM Posted 26/11/03 11:33 AM I was able to Get $7000 off my car. I was initially shopping for the XR6 then based on the discount of bargaining then switched to the XR6T one. (just the motor swap). Still got my discount. I found that by optioning the car more , the more discounting could be played with between dealers. But you had to be ready to lay a deposit immediately. If you stalled price went away.So in the end close to the base price of a XR6T I got extra5x18, prem sound, leather int, sports wheel, tint,xr mats &scuff plates, tow pack. I think I was lucky & my timing might have been right for once in my life.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 9d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 26/11/03 11:57 AM Posted 26/11/03 11:57 AM Well done Al that's probably the best discount l have heard of where there wasnt a lease/fleet/GST free/employee discount etc involved.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 23d Location: Adelaide Posted 27/11/03 03:39 AM Posted 27/11/03 03:39 AM yeah...I just told the salesman form riverland ford that I'd be paying 15k cash before I went in there and he's already given me 4287 discount...ive been quoted $51600 so far...that's XR6T HgAg, premium sound/breaks and leather interior....that's also onroad for a year stamp duty etc all included. He's still got a couple of k left to bargain with so we'll c how we go when the real barganing starts
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now