Snapper Legacy Donating Member 320 Member For: 15y 5m 21d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/11 03:09 AM Posted 03/05/11 03:09 AM Ok I am thinking about modifin my car, aim is 330rkw + but the problem is I drive the car everyday do about 500km a weekDo many of u drive your cars every day to and from work etc is it reliable?thanks
Benji_vs Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 18y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: East Suburbs Melbourne Posted 03/05/11 03:27 AM Posted 03/05/11 03:27 AM Cant see why not but having alot more power over stock will increase the chance of failure. Just make sure that you can do without the car for a period of time, if not id suggest a lower power. Not sure on the model you have but mine is 267rwkw an has not missed a beat, had it tuned for well over a year and was used daily (its now a weekend car).
SMURF6 Jamie Legacy Donating Member 380 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Maroubra, Sydney, NSW Posted 03/05/11 03:38 AM Posted 03/05/11 03:38 AM (edited) Im a tradie. I drive to jobs all over the place all day. Its on 429rwkw everyday as an everyday tune. Quiet exhaust system, no bov, 20" rims, 500kg in the back and loving life !Check it out Edited 03/05/11 03:41 AM by SMURF6
MercuryXr6Turbo Member 361 Member For: 18y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 03/05/11 04:03 AM Posted 03/05/11 04:03 AM (edited) Now that's a tradie ute! Nice work mate.. especially the pic with it all loaded for a days work! OP, perhaps you have yet to go in a modded T, but these things even at high power as SMURF6 proves are very streetable. If yours is a BA, 330rwkw may by pushing the reliability of the engine and also trans if running stock auto or 5 speed manual. IMO 300rwkw as a guide is a safe limit if a BA, but no guarantees... we are pushing these cars harder than Ford intended.Oh and yes, mine is a daily... Edited 03/05/11 04:05 AM by MercuryXr6Turbo
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 03/05/11 04:21 AM Posted 03/05/11 04:21 AM 320rwkw daily driven for almost a year no problems trashed often haha
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 03/05/11 04:42 AM Posted 03/05/11 04:42 AM 300rwkw here and I drive mine everyday in peak hour traffic. It doesnt miss a beat. One thing I have noticed, I rarely open it up during the week as I just enjoy the drive and its no use racing from the lights against crap.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 03/05/11 04:49 AM Posted 03/05/11 04:49 AM (edited) 317rwkw, 11.9 PB in street trim and she sees 500km a week. My commute used to be 60k's or so and about 2/3 was highway, then stop start during work on call outs to businesses. Fuel use about 12L/100 unless I really got up it heaps. Usually WOT a couple times a day or more.If you're doing stop start 500kms a week I feel sorry for you!Edit - replace your bushes with stronger ones though........ Edited 03/05/11 04:50 AM by -SteveR-
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 18d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/11 05:42 AM Posted 03/05/11 05:42 AM (edited) 3444rwks, 500-600ks aweek, no probs at all. power is there when I need it, otherwise just cruise the monash to and from work. sh*t meant 344rwks. not 3444rwks. sorry. Edited 03/05/11 05:42 AM by pazzo xr6t
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 03/05/11 06:10 AM Posted 03/05/11 06:10 AM I do 500kms a week as well with 357rwkw,I get about 480ks to a tank and mine hasn't missed a beat!!
Snapper Legacy Donating Member 320 Member For: 15y 5m 21d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/11 06:32 AM Author Posted 03/05/11 06:32 AM (edited) Thanks all for your replies I have a fg f6 auto ute Edited 03/05/11 06:32 AM by Snapper
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now