335 Gt Tune Only

cranny

• Member For: 14y 2m 12d

It would be interesting to see what time a territory with that engine in it would get, even with the extra weight.

Edited by Dagabond

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 11d

for all those who are unaware, ford will announce later this year that they will stop the rear-wheel production line in the upcoming years. 4wd and fwd. bloody euro crap.

• Member For: 14y 2m 12d

@ *Beep*, still hasnt been confirmed. Fairly sure the latest announcement was that they wont decide until later in the year?

@ Dagobert, I'll try to remember to hit "add reply" and not "reply to post" or whatever its called.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Seems to me that 2 wheel drive ( rear wheels ) are reaching their limit.

Time Ford etc changed to constant 4 WD.

The limit with 2 wheels ( 0 -100 ) is about 5 secs.

Many exotic 4 WD cars are closer to 3 secs

FWIW I measured about 4.6 seconds via XCAL3 logging in my XR on a normal road surface and cheap KU31 street tyres. Never measured on the strip when I ran my low 12's and 11.9.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/phyber83/The%20T/0-110317rwkw.png

I'd LOVE to see an AWD setup though, only problem would be extra weight and cost.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 25d

4.6 - I'm impressed.

Although I stand by my general theme. There must be a point where traction limits acceleration with RWD cars ( Normal tyres / street conditions ).

Maybe a more sophisticated Traction System that optimizes torque to wheel spin. Say - 10 ms of wheel spin not the second or two in the XR's. ???

AWD still seem the best solution.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 3d

for all those who are unaware, ford will announce later this year that they will stop the rear-wheel production line in the upcoming years. 4wd and fwd. bloody euro crap.

For all those who are unaware, nothing has been decided yet.

• Member For: 17y 2m 15d

Just getting thoughs here.

you know how ford has a few cars over in Swiss land and 1 rumoured as a GTHO, what better place to test for power down in slippery snowy Icey conditions?

Ford know they have a winner with the new coyote, they know the 2 wheel drive platform is

At it's limit for power down and durability, they know a lot of euro companies are developing awd systems with the front axle powered by petrol or electric.

That is the future and to be moving ahead, is to start developing a awd platform.

Once they have developed it they can easily offer cheaper front or rear wheel drive versions

As it's only a mater of taking the drive away from either end.

With the likes of say a GTHO or equivalent they may start to look at lightening, billet aluminium suspensions, carbon fibre panels and body kits etc.

Now that would be orsm, same weight as we are running now or lighter with awd and that little coyote monster.

Better start saving for the 2012-2015 GTHO Falcon FH-S (Ford Henry-Special)

Just back on the Herrod 8

If I was them and there was problems with track conditions or humidity I would not allow Motor Magazine publish times until proper testing was done.

Like come on those times are real pathetic for that power and considering it's running 285's rear and not sure think it had suspension done also and yet still not able to run better times then standard.

My last run in my BA before the rod broke, I was running smaller tyres, near same humidity, had fuel surge in 3rd, got off it slowly back into it in 4th and still went 12.9 at 116mph, also was a slow 60ft of 2.4 due to traction and it being a manual.

Also ran it with 2/3 tank of fuel, full street trim with spare, jack and my heavy 112kg weight.

Considering XFT and another have both done sub 12's on tune only, Herrod looks bad.

If I was them and want to promote the product I would be running it at every meet so they can show it's capability, and rectify the bad exposure it's already copped.

No one is going to pay $15g plus for a car to go slower.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y

Forget AWD, Rear wheel drives actually handle better its been proven Formula ones V8 supercars most of your motor sports run RWD except Rally.

AWD tend to understeer. most Ferraris are RWD they manage pretty good times forget AWD most super cars manage awsome 0-100 on RWD aston Martin, Mercedes c63 e55 BMW M3 etc you get the picture.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 25d

Most of the fast RWD cars tend to have the engine in the back seat ???

Not to many 4 door passenger cars

Edited by Samboc