Sign in to follow this  
cranny

335 Gt Tune Only

Hey Guys,

I was speaking with the blokes at intune motorsport who have just purchased a GT of there own. and they said stock standard thye are pulling 317RWKW and with only a tune 382RWKW but what I found interesting is that John mentions that the GT and GS are throttle governed to only 80% of WOT here have a read I will post the link

http://www.intunemotorsport.com.au/intune/Boss_335x.html

another interesting thing is that with a water injection kit they are able to get just over 400rwkw fully standard. I nearly fell off my chair. how much would need to be spent on a i6 to achieve and hold that type of power.

it all is all making sense now because when I drove one and planted it it felt like it had heaps more but my foot couldnt go any further. maybe this thing is a weapon but ford were to scared to unleash it complety because it would tear apart there chinese rear end with the match stick CVs

and just a not my old typhoon has been on There dyno it it was by far the most unfriendly with my Bf thypoon only making 218RWKW and on two other dynos it made 240RWKW.

Cheers Guys

Edited by cranny

Some have seen closer to 350 stock and 400 on tune only.

Depends on engine you have to get that power. Ie. BF or FG? Xr or F6...

They have 2 more injectors, cylinders , two cats, more exhaust flow etc and a supercharger. Plus bottom end is forged!!! Why wouldn't they make this power?

I agree Totally but that is huge power for a stock car. what I found interesting is that ford Govern the throttle to only 80% maybe they govern the Gs to 75% who knows. I am currently swaying towards the GS I think kit it up with brembos and suspension and what a machine.

Stock T6's also have a max pedal angle of 80%. Its not too govern power output. The surface area taken up by the throttle plate and spindle shaft mean any opening above 80% doesnt result in much of an airflow Gain and the actual total throttle opening can never reach 100%. Hence the factory tables being set too 80%

I would have thought the tuner mentioned would know this....

Spot on Hiddeous

Also I think there is a delay on off throttle as the boost stops the butterfly from closing if it's at 100%.

Something I have heard not tried so don't know how accurate that is.

So Cranny you are finally realizing how good these Coyote's really are.

Though you said you where buying a F6???????

I was trying to tell you how easy these things can make power and how much cheaper to do so then a i6 as well not to mention reliably.

As said many times it's the strict driveline durability standard Ford have that govern it's of the floor power, not to mention we will be so close to the pollies crying another supercar scare.

Also as mentioned before all performance fords and maybe even the taxis have torque limiters. It's the amount of torque that lifts a vehicle off the line, the hp takes over to accelerate it once it has momentum.

That's why the F6 & GT are near identical up to say 100-120k and then the GT starts showing it's hp.

It's the torque and traction limiters holding these cars back. they are set for safe levels of traction for the tyres, driveline and chassis can handle.

Even though it all looks pretty simple to get power from these, and people have, it's the weak areas that will fail, you replace that part and it's the next weakest part that will fail.

If Ford address all aspects of the durability there would be a huge price increase.

We all know when you build bit power it costs lots of money.

The good thing is though, this time around Ford have provided a engine with huge reserves not like the BA XR6 Turbo.

Cranny Good to see you have realized and I'm happy you have decided to get a GS or a GT instead of a F6. Just hope you actually do though.

This Coyote engine needs a better chassis driveline.

not to mention we will be so close to the pollies crying another supercar scare.

That and leaving themselves some open space for the next model/upgrade next year....

a few 400+ rwkw of these already are out there. Still havnt seen/heard of any hitting the stip. God knows what will break. Rear ends galor. diffs, cv's, zfs already need rebuilding/strengthened, clutch/gboxes? .... ye sure a dyno is one thing...but less dyno queens, more people with track time.

*Beep*

You have not looked hard enough.

XFT GS ute tune only 11.7

Blue GT sedan 11.7 tune only, then. cat back 11.5

There's vids on you tube for the GT

Pretty good as runs a few tuff v8's you see him loose on the start and then just drives around them.

All I can say is WOW, that is truely awsome power for a stock car and I though my F6 was good making 400rwkw with a stock bottom end, lots more bolt ons and a crap load more cash

Funny thing was I thought it would be cheaper to mod the f6 because nobody knew the v8 very well. It's a great engine and will make an awesome car once the price comes down a bit.

No keep the price but stronger driveline, better suspension, bigger rubber, more boost, rid 300kg, improve chassis.

1200nm and 450rwkw ye ha.

GTHO, FPV 450KR, GT450KR, FPV Taxi

That last one be good imagine down the pub, should of seen that taxi fry the HSV GTS or better still the Ferrari.

Price is good because it will cost just as much to make the F6 as strong, and then the GT will still make the power easier due to it's capacity.

Everyone needs to remember these GT & GS's have not even got intercoolers as yet.

Sorry if Iam wrong, are they running a liquid to air under the blower Dags?

Didn't think they where from what I had heard somewhere.

Was thinking surely they would have one but the person who told me must of assumed they didn't have one as not visible.

Wonder what efficiency can be had from them before the intake temps can't be controlled.

Heard of a few US GT's getting 1000rwhp plus from the under blower liquid to air, obviously not sure if they where factory coolers or better aftermarket units.

a few 400+ rwkw of these already are out there. Still havnt seen/heard of any hitting the stip. God knows what will break. Rear ends galor. diffs, cv's, zfs already need rebuilding/strengthened, clutch/gboxes? .... ye sure a dyno is one thing...but less dyno queens, more people with track time.

wernt you whingeing about not getting a dyno printout a couple of months ago?

Yeah I read it and I Lol'd at the 1/4 mile time and MP/H. How can something with 390 RWKW only manage 13.3 @ 184 ks....

My car has 335 RWKW and is doing 5 ks an hour faster at the end of the strip....The GS was a ZF Auto also :shocked:

Edited by IBOO57

my 240 rwkw Typhoon which weighs about the same as the Gs has the same tires & ZF and I pulled 13.1 13.0 consistent without any dramas. my great great great grandmother could drive a 390rwkw over the 1/4 quicker. I am angry with how F witts cant drive or herrod cant tune.