Mburgz010 Member 17 Member For: 15y 9m 12d Posted 02/01/11 10:06 PM Author Posted 02/01/11 10:06 PM (edited) Heres a quick picture its not very good, you cant see the rear, its on 20's with 2 inch dish front and 4 inch dish on the rears. and ive done other stuff to it since then Edited 02/01/11 10:08 PM by Mburgz010
spoolxr6 Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 22d Posted 02/01/11 10:08 PM Posted 02/01/11 10:08 PM Hey buddy, welcome aboard. How mechanically minded are you, because you state you want to be involved in some of the build? Don't take it lightly, building a 600rkw vehicle is serious money and serious mechanical knowledge/experience. I have blown close to your original budget, done all the mechanical work myself including the engine rebuild and still have under 400rkw.
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 02/01/11 10:10 PM Posted 02/01/11 10:10 PM (edited) Do yourself a favor Burgz.......... Buy Bradens FG (sell your car), you are fortunate enough at this time for something of that caliber being available, the fg in question can produce the goods regarding what you state you are after, it can be detuned for the street and also surprise many on a dyno day. The answer you seek is right in front of you bud Edited 02/01/11 10:12 PM by SPIKO
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 14d Gender: Male Posted 02/01/11 10:15 PM Posted 02/01/11 10:15 PM I think admin have to put a 700+rwk section soon. but take spiko's advice and buy that fg. if had had that money I would, built by well known shop, looked after. and you know what your getting.
Mburgz010 Member 17 Member For: 15y 9m 12d Posted 02/01/11 10:15 PM Author Posted 02/01/11 10:15 PM Thanks spool, yes I am mechanically minded, I have rebuilt a few engines, I wont be doing all the engine work myself, I will just be there with him lookikng at what happening and finding out things I havnt yet found out about on or in the engine, the bottem end will be sent ready to to go so its just doing the top parts, I want to mainly do the plumbing and bolt on parts and do a few mechanical stuff providing I have the time to get there, as its 400km away to where I live to do it, im not sure wether it makes a difference to get my heads ported, but I am thinking I will do it, any suggestions with this??
turbo ute79 Member 376 Member For: 18y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: gladstone qld Posted 03/01/11 12:51 AM Posted 03/01/11 12:51 AM I can understand the wanting to do most of your build yourself, I did. Whilst it was good to learn and say I built most of my car myself if I had my time again I would by something like that fg, only for the saving of money and not having my car on the road for nearly a year. What I learned while building my ute was invaluable and being able to tell people I pulled the engine out, I put it back in I ran fuel lines fitted surge tanks etc Is pretty cool. Also be aware that what you want to build is goin to be very very very very very very very fast. Extremely easy to loose bulk points on your license. Out of curiosity what parts have you bought for this thing so far and who is building your engine/doing your tuning.
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 18d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/11 04:54 AM Posted 03/01/11 04:54 AM Funny I have a car that looks just like that one but not a 45I know but spiros car does, and I watched it make 1100hp atw.
DRL Member 154 Member For: 18y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/11 05:10 AM Posted 03/01/11 05:10 AM 45 and only 1100hp?What fuel is he running?
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 18d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/11 05:35 AM Posted 03/01/11 05:35 AM I have no idea but it was not runnin much boost, 35psi I think. oh I think maybe 110ron ? 45x could run sht loads more boost than that. and 720 on pump fuel is nothin to sneeze at lol
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 03/01/11 05:51 AM Posted 03/01/11 05:51 AM bev, I was referring to Bradens green fg in the magazine posted on the 1st page.I wasnt aware it ever actually ran a 9 is what I was saying
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now