Jump to content

Mburgz010

Member
  • Posts

    17
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mburgz010

  1. Hi guys thought I'd pop in and say hello, im fron roxby downs and thought it would be good to catch up with some poeple next time im down adelaide at a dyno day, I have a 2004 xr6t, but unable to drive it as she has to go get the engine beefed up and bigger turbo ect so wont have it for a while, do you guys have many troubles on cruises?? even when driving normal?heres a pic of the car anyway
  2. I fitted my hdi about 6 months ago, and did have to cut 10cm each side of the reo to fit it in, you need 2 poeple ( just a mate for 15mins max) so one can hold it up to get it in the right spot, other than that its a easy fit and looks good once its in, no problems at all just make sure you use a die grinder with a metal cutting bit to tidy it up with, goodluck mate, and can be done in half a day
  3. Yeah I will agree sorry about that guys jumped the gun a fair bit, NEWBEY lol, will have to make a right up after june/july when I get it back from the tuner/engine builder and see what they have got out of it. cheers burgz
  4. Heres a few pics of my car, its lower now, all debaged and camera was dirty when I took the pics, but its a hint of what I own. Michaels xr6 turbz.bmp Michael XR6T.bmp
  5. I have the x3 flash tuner, x force exhaust 3.5 inch getting a 5 inch custom dump pipe maybe with a screamer to suit the new turbo, I have a nizpro plenum, I have a hdi cooler which I think I may need to replace for a bigger unit, bosh injectors, I am going to be ringing up 6boost when I get the turbo and dump pipe to make a set of exhaust manifolds, and the atomic 998 engine will be in the next 6 months, processwest fuelrail and a few other bits from them.
  6. Ath the time I brought the car I was 1 month of getting my full licence but got done for speeding twice so I got disqaulified for a year, I know being 21 will not be a good idea to have a car this powerful but its not going to be a daily driver.
  7. I used the drift iridium blue series electronic gauges, had a look at them on display and just had to have them, they look tuff and respond very well, I got boost and afm will also get the oil but will have that sitting somewhere else
  8. Havn't had my car done yet but im taking mine to LMG they are in warnertown just out of port pirie. they build the cars and tune them paul knows his sh*t and is always awnsering my questions everyday when I ring, seen xr6 turbos with 550kw, 650kw and his at 500kw all at the wheels, he's a nutwhen it comes to it, so hes my choice to get the engine and tune work done. that's just my opninion but the workmanship speaks for itself.
  9. Sorry for the no reply guys, every computer I have been on has not let me access this site. but all good I have mine back now, I have brought the plenum, cooler, flashtuner, injectors, exhaust ect. I will be using an atomic 998kw bottem end and will have to see what turbo I need. I know its going to cost a lot but I have the car apart and have started so there's no point in selling it, I would love the fg but at the moment due to just getting my l's back I cant drive mine and want a project cause being up in roxby with nothing to do apart from working theres always the car.
  10. Thanks spool, yes I am mechanically minded, I have rebuilt a few engines, I wont be doing all the engine work myself, I will just be there with him lookikng at what happening and finding out things I havnt yet found out about on or in the engine, the bottem end will be sent ready to to go so its just doing the top parts, I want to mainly do the plumbing and bolt on parts and do a few mechanical stuff providing I have the time to get there, as its 400km away to where I live to do it, im not sure wether it makes a difference to get my heads ported, but I am thinking I will do it, any suggestions with this??
  11. Heres a quick picture its not very good, you cant see the rear, its on 20's with 2 inch dish front and 4 inch dish on the rears. and ive done other stuff to it since then
  12. Just in between car cause theres no where to race one were I live, I want a car I can rock up to a dyno day and have some fun, but can also do some good pickups on the streets(not drag racing). and just wanna get the knowledge in the end out of doing some of the thing myself.
  13. So basically start myself lower with say 480kw then work up, when I'm ready for it??? I know I need to do brakes tailshafts ect I have been talking to companies like atomic and nizpro ect. plus ive got the time to do it
  14. Cheers, no dreaming here iv'e already gotten too far into it to stop it, it just may take upto a year to do it as I have other commitments and stuff to buy, 1000rwhp?? dont know what your on *Beep*, I will post pics of the car sometime when I get a chance. like I stated im new to the site wanna make a decent car that looks good and has some balls.
  15. Cheers for the replys guys, yes im serious about this I have been buying the bolt on parts for it like exhaust, plenum ect, yes im serious about doing this, I have been in a car that's had 400rwkw and that's probably what started it. I have been talking to poeple about what I need done and am expecting a lot of stuff breaking, I am not worried about loosing money gotta spend it on something no im not some little rich kid who gets their parents to pay for it, im just a fitter/machinist working hard in the mines, and wanna do something for a bit of fun. cheeers..
  16. Cheers qik1, I know it will cost heaps more and theres gunna be a lot of stuff breaking,im not worried about that, I have had a read through and have got some ideas already, and as for fuel im not sure as I wont be driving it for a while cause of the new laws in s.a for p platers, but will probs detune it for normsl driving, I should be able to drive on pump fuel??
  17. Hi everyone new to the forum first post,you all know how it is haha,as to what needs to get done to for me to crack my 1000hp, I currently have a 2004 ba turbz and am going for the big numbers, I know that I will need to do my gearbox cv's ect, heres a list of what I will be getting done to it! Atomic 998 bottem end, has all forged pistons ect 6 boost headers either a garrett gt51r or a 4208 Nizpro plenum intake 1000cc injectors bosh of course upgraded valve springs solid lifters processwest fuel rail anti surge tank with 2x 044 bosh pumps custom made dump pipe with a 44 or 50mm sceamer pipe and theres a whole list, but the engine builder will decide, if anyone can shed some light on what they can recommend to get done ect. that would be greatly appreciated and yes I know its going to cost a lot of money iv'e priced it at 25+ grand to do it not really including the gearbox and tailshafts ect. thanks everyone, sorry if its in the wrong place wasnt sure were to put it!
×
×
  • Create New...