IBOO57 Member 538 Member For: 17y 3m 20d Posted 26/12/10 09:17 AM Posted 26/12/10 09:17 AM Yeah of course GTR. 32>33
Samboc Legacy Donating Member 65 Member For: 15y 11m Gender: Male Location: Merimbula Posted 26/12/10 11:07 AM Posted 26/12/10 11:07 AM My ex-cop chaser is going well.Oil is good. Brakes better than any standard XR6T.Only problem.A small Kangaroo just ran into the side of my car.Doing 60K slowing to 50K in a town. Roo ran into my front wheel.Dints to front guard behind wheel and front passenger door.Cops put 60K on this car without a scratch.Not happy
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 26/12/10 11:15 AM Posted 26/12/10 11:15 AM
John_K Legacy Donating Member 438 Member For: 17y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/12/10 07:51 PM Posted 26/12/10 07:51 PM (edited) My car is also ex-HWP.I have owned it now for 2 years and 2 weeks and have had absolutely NO issues with it. Underneath, it was the cleanest car I had ever seen.Bigger brakes, side airbags, dodgy drivers seat bolster, marks on my roof above the B-pillars and holes in my interior down low where I can't see them... but you know what? I don't care. I LOVE MY CAR! Edited 26/12/10 08:01 PM by John_K
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 26/12/10 09:50 PM Posted 26/12/10 09:50 PM buying a car off ebay, what do you expect.want to be a tight ar$e, buy a camry.
IBOO57 Member 538 Member For: 17y 3m 20d Posted 27/12/10 12:52 AM Posted 27/12/10 12:52 AM haha that made me laugh
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/12/10 10:55 AM Posted 29/12/10 10:55 AM If you get a Telstra XR6T you know you are to get a pretty good car - I know cos I used drive one in Telstra Seriously, for a stock car you can't really go wrong. Don't get the white sedans cos they get trashed by the pool car drivers. Any color except white from Telstra and you're prolly driving a car that was used by an sales exec for no more than 2 years, serviced at the right intervals (Telstra send out reminders) and fueled with either Mobil 98 RON or Shell 98 RON (Telstra recommend T drivers to use 98 RON).
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 29/12/10 11:00 AM Posted 29/12/10 11:00 AM Telstra cars go everywhere.
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 29/12/10 11:49 AM Posted 29/12/10 11:49 AM John, that is so awesome you got pics of it in uniform.Guys take it straight from the mouth of the horse that used to drive them. Firstly, to those who have ex "chasers" as you call them and they are good cars, good for you.But knowing how I drove them, um, I wouldn't buy one.But then, I would never buy a taxi. I would buy the car I have now and I reckon I've given that more than.....no I take that back. I wouldn't buy an ex "chaser" Certainl;y not a little yellow VL Turbo that I did 173 ks on a tank after thrashing it up and down the Western Highway. Gee those were the days.Yeah they are serviced every 5000k at Ratter says. Checked after a pursuit (if your allowed to be in one...ahh the funs all gone)People use to ask me "What do they do to police cars to make them so fast?" I'd answer, "They give me the keys". lolAsk yourself, what is the fastest car in the world?Answer...Someone elses.Give me the keys to any car, give me free petrol and tell me the guy down the road with the Radar is my mate and I'll make that baby hum.sh*t I miss it.Anyway, I wouldn't buy one. Having said that, it is something that should be "disclosed" and if I was able to find the history of the car, that is, where is was based and I could talk to the giuys who drove it, then I would certainly consider it. There is nothing wrong with them, but I know me. And I wouldn't trust me with your car.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 29/12/10 10:05 PM Posted 29/12/10 10:05 PM mine is a xcop from albury, never had 1 problem with it. rather buy xcop that is serviced, than some second hand 1 that was driving by a 20year old who could not afford to maintain it, which is very common, problem happens, either sits in garage for months on end, fixed very cheaply,or traded in for some other poor b*stard to buy and fix 3 months later. just have a look on youtube the amount that get thrashed with a inch of it's life.and yeah have a look at a vl turbo now, can't buy them on the cheap no more. to me the xr6 turbo is the new vl.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now