Zf6 Problem Fg F6

young 01

• Member For: 13y 9m 17d

They finally got sick of me complaining as well. Had mine done on Friday and so far so good and the changes just feel firmer.

Only got one last item to knock off my list, need to put one weekend aside and address the damm creaks and rattles on the doors.

SPIC

Tell me the rattle in your doors doesnt start happening when your on the highway doing 100km/h? sounds like the droped some screws down in the door frame?

Also my ZF is sh*tting me to tears, I drive it in manual cause its so annoying.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 19d

My '10 FG does the lurching clunk when coming to a stop. I took it to ford and they said they couldn't replicate it but I didn't have much petrol for testing so I'll have to take it back.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 17d

SPIC

Tell me the rattle in your doors doesnt start happening when your on the highway doing 100km/h? sounds like the droped some screws down in the door frame?

Also my ZF is sh*tting me to tears, I drive it in manual cause its so annoying.

It's the hard plastic in the doors creaking, particularly where to top of the door trim rubs against the door upright. I saw a step by step tutorial where a user used the single sided rubber tape to stop all the rubbing but for the life of me I can't seem to find that post now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 17d

My '10 FG does the lurching clunk when coming to a stop. I took it to ford and they said they couldn't replicate it but I didn't have much petrol for testing so I'll have to take it back.

I had the same problem initially where they weren't able to replicate the problem. You need to take them for a drive and show them, each car is a bit different but for me I was able to replicate the issue by slowly taking off very slowly let the car change into second them come to a slow stop and keep on repeating this. In my case after about 10-15 repetitions the lurch becomes quite severe.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 6m 7d

So what should we be specifically asking our dealer for to resolve the clunk/thus lurch young 01??? Just mention there's apparently mean't to be a software upgrade for the zf??? Because I've been experiencing this since very early on in my08 FG XR6T's life. Ford won't acknowledge any problem and can never fault it....

Cheers,

Josh

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 3d

I brought it to fords attention when doing mine, I then demanded I take the head mechanic/foreman guy for a drive to show him, as the service office dudes had no fing idea. seriously they looked at me like I was speaking another language.

I drove it, it did its lurch thingo/shunt into first, then hes like yep no worries I can see whats going on. got back to service centre and they organised the ZF to come out and upload new software. it takes a couple of weeks depending where the ZF guy is, there arnt a heap of them running around with laptops updating everyones car. I think there maybe only be one or two guys per state? well that what ford told me. who knows.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

It's also a warning sign that your tranny cooler let go but ford will pick that up.